Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 22 VLX Full Season in the books, I score it a 9 out of 10!

Wakesetter67

Seams like all the things I dislike about this boat have been added for 2016.....

1. Seat riser, ( I added my own but not everyone likes the crows nest view..LOL )

Do you know if Axis is getting the seat riser? I was thinking about adding the 4" deal off ebay (Axis site has a group buy for them with the Axis logo) but my hubs doesn't want it. He is 6'5" and he told me it will make driving the boat annoying to him. Well, he is my main driver, so I don't want to piss him off. But...I think I would love the extra height.

My understanding they will only be available for 2016 and on, But it looks simple to retrofit it if you can get one, By far better looking then the Supra Seat riser...

Edited by Wakesetter67

Well as our 2015 season comes to an end we have loged in over 138 Hr's and could not be more impressed with this boat! Ya we have had a few minor warranty clinches, But with a Dealer like Active Water sports, it only added to our overall Positive opinion of our 3rd Malibu!

My favorite innovations.

1. Power Wedge II ( Poor Man's engine up grade!) Fully loaded with All MLS and (2) 800Lb sac's in the rear with a 600Lb Bow bag and 6 to 8 people, No trouble getting on plane with all that weight!

2. All New Dash was so user friendly, ( only issue it flickers on occasion AWS & Malibu are looking for a solution )

3. Surf Gate really should be # 1 it has made our time on the water so much more pleasurable, Especially now when daylight during the week is fading!

4. Deeper hull design, More storage and less over the bow when really loaded up! Handles rough water better then any boat I have owned.

5. More hinged seats and wake seating!

Seams like all the things I dislike about this boat have been added for 2016.....

1. Seat riser, ( I added my own but not everyone likes the crows nest view..LOL )

2.My boat mate trailer really did not fit my boat the way it should, But again My dealer fix it so it loads awesome every time, ( I would assume the new Malibu trailer fits the boats perfect)

3.Raptor. I like the idea of it but My 350 Monsoon has not disappointed, She likes the fuel though....Ave about 6 Gal and HR, Loaded

All In All I rate this new boat a 9 out of 10

6 gallons an hour is really good in my opinion especially loaded. I was on a supra sg400 this past weekend and went thru a half tank in 3 hours of just surfing. and 1 wakeboard run. The ballast was full with 8 people on boat and if i remember correctly he had an 80 gallon tank.

• Like 1