Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2 issues. Captain seat and not planning out

Texas23LSV

I have a 2008 wakesetter 23 LSV the first issue I have is that my captains seat completely became disattached from my boat. There are 8 screws that attach the seat to the floor of the boat and they came out of the floor of my boat. I tried to fix it once already by screwing the bracket back down into the floor but they once again came out. Does anyone have any tips/tricks to get my seat fastened back into my floor securely? I was thinking about using some kind of anchor screw to do so but I don't know of any strong anchoring screws that would hold well. I will upload pictures if anyone request to see what I am talking about also.

Issue 2) When I have ballast all the way full with anywhere from 5-14 people in the boat with my wedge down my boat doesn't want to plane out. I haven't had this issue before even with everything described above. I have the 537 acme prop and I haven't changed that from when I could plane out before. I can drop some ballast even with 5-14 people in the boat and I still have the same issue. Any suggestions?

Thank you all in advance.

Did you screw the seat screws back into the same holes or make new ones? If the same holes, did the screws actually tighten up? If they are proper size and screwed into sound material, it would take a bit to strip them out. Not saying your... Heavy, but just sayin.

Also you use a 537 prop and have had no issue, but then all of a sudden it won't plane even though you are using the exact same weight and config? It may be such an on the edge prop for your weight that if you lost just a little torque like from a tweaked blade, or a cylinder maybe not getting just the right amount of fuel, you could tip the balance over to the non plane side of the fence. A different prop would work better in this case by masking the problem. I start wondering about the prop trueness and the top notch running of the engine.

1300lbs of factory ballast, plus 14 people probably adds another 1600lbs, plus wedge, on the stock prop and most likely the 350 engine, is the reason it won't plane out. With that big of a boat, I would at minimum have the 1235 prop or even the 2315. The wedge is your biggest culprit. With that many people in the boat, who also probably get in all wet, your bilge most likely is full of water too.

1300lbs of factory ballast, plus 14 people probably adds another 1600lbs, plus wedge, on the stock prop and most likely the 350 engine, is the reason it won't plane out. With that big of a boat, I would at minimum have the 1235 prop or even the 2315. The wedge is your biggest culprit. With that many people in the boat, who also probably get in all wet, your bilge most likely is full of water too.

14 people equals 1600 pounds? He must be driving around with 9 year old's.

Put some weight up front and make sure the wedge is down.

As far as the seat get the next size up stainless screw or fill the holes and re drill.

Edited by malibu2004

I've been busy for awhile and couldn't get back online for awhile to reply to anyone. So i will try to address everything said.

Wheelman: I've checked while running before and the wedge is all the way up and I've had it calibrated and it was fine.

Willie: When i screwed the seat back in i made new holes. Also, i weigh 195 pounds so that should not be a problem. I am wondering if the floor i am screwing into may be rotten. I had a full service check with my Boat shot before the beginning of season and everything(from what the said) checked out fine, now the truth behind that i will never know.

Ya, i am definitely not driving around a bunch of 9 year old kids.

Next time I go out i am gonna try to remember to watch my RPM's and as i am trying to get up to speed and see if i have an inconstant number or to see if i am experiencing engine problems.

Thank you all for your replies.