Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2015 A22 without surfgates?

Raimie

Obviously I would like to have a surf gate but for the price, I can do without. Just finished negotiations today and final price started with a $4...

For a surf gate replacement, I was going to start with a Ronix wakeshaper replica (aka mini ramp) then ghetto gate then trim tabs if I'm unhappy with the first two setups. I'm more into wakeboarding then surfing so it's not top priority.

And the green does look a little weird in person but its not as bad as the pictures. The color in those photos was definitely off. I though the boat was white but it turns out its silver flake.

And you'll get your full analysis Afun. ha

Such a warm welcome to the Malibu/Axis community. haha

Obviously I would like to have a surf gate but for the price, I can do without. Just finished negotiations today and final price started with a $4...

For a surf gate replacement, I was going to start with a Ronix wakeshaper replica (aka mini ramp) then ghetto gate then trim tabs if I'm unhappy with the first two setups. I'm more into wakeboarding then surfing so it's not top priority.

And the green does look a little weird in person but its not as bad as the pictures. The color in those photos was definitely off. I though the boat was white but it turns out its silver flake.

And you'll get your full analysis Afun. ha

Such a warm welcome to the Malibu/Axis community. haha

Ya sorry bout that. Stoked for your purchase though! That's a really good price for sure for the kind of wakeboard wake you'll enjoy. Surf wise I would personally list it and see what you can get before I spent money on a system. A plumbed surf ballast boat is easy and convenient contrary to what some people think. On my boat I flip a couple switches and watch my crew move a couple lead bags... That's it!

Ya sorry bout that. Stoked for your purchase though! That's a really good price for sure for the kind of wakeboard wake you'll enjoy. Surf wise I would personally list it and see what you can get before I spent money on a system. A plumbed surf ballast boat is easy and convenient contrary to what some people think. On my boat I flip a couple switches and watch my crew move a couple lead bags... That's it!

Ha. I'll be alright.

And I'm coming from an 02 Supra Launch and we listed that thing to the rub rail when we surfed so I'm familiar. I'm taking the boat out tomorrow before signing the papers so I'll report back.

• Like 1

So we took the boat out yesterday afternoon. Didn't end up getting any pictures but this is what we tried:

Full stock hard tanks, 500 rear left locker, 500 under left seats, 500 in bow walkway and 2 passengers. The boat had some list but we could have added a lot more weight (if we had it).

First off, coming from a 2002 Supra this wave was on another level. First time I pulled up and looked at the wake and I was in shock. ha I had no idea that a wake surf wave could get that long with that much push.

After watching it from the boat, I don't think it was quite as long as some of the pictures I've seen but it was clean. I'm super happy with the purchase and I didn't even get to try wakeboarding out.