Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sign in to follow this  
Raimie

2015 A22 without surfgates?

Raimie

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/bod/5211960679.html

First boat I have seen without the gates since they were available. I can't believe a dealer would have ordered one without.

And green on the interior with the blue exterior?? Strange....

Edited by Raimie

ahopkinsVTX

Yet the ad says "With surfgate..."

And the title says it all. The dealer doesn't even want the boat on his lot lol

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

ndahlberg12

When I ordered my T22 this spring the dealer and I joked when he asked if I wanted surfgates, we both commented on how you would be stupid to order a boat without them, guess we found that person. Even if you were a hardcore wakeboarder just resale alone would of made me order them.

wakebrdr94

Someone forgot to check surfgate on the build sheet

robbennett

I would buy one without the surfgates if the price was right. That being said I would NEVER order one without it. That's like ordering with no wedge.

bcoppess23

My local dealer mentioned to me that he had his very first "no surfgate" order this year. The family does not surf on their private lake and they owned their last Malibu for years. I guess they don't plan on selling it anytime soon and the resale isn't of a concern for them. Still think it is silly. I guess at Malibu's quarterly meetings, when they announce surfgate has a 99% take to market, these are the people that are the true 1%-ers...

Raimie

I was thinking for 2016 they would just make the wedge and gates part of the base build. I know why they don't, but I think it's stupid to have those be "options"

robbennett

I can see why it is an option but it should be more like a "wedge delete" or "surfgate delete" option. For someone that's going to keep the boat 15 years it's really not a huge deal to them. There's enough add on surf systems out there that even if I did surf regularly I would probably still buy a 13 for a bigger discount.

DUKENO1

Looks like someone checked green instead of blue on the interior build sheet

bcoppess23

Think the person designing the boat was on drugs at the time?

FarmerB

Aren't there checks in place at the factory? Someone should have called the dealer and ask "huh?"

Lance B. Johnson

Party cove boat. The money saved on no surfgate will go into the sound system.

thtrog

This boat is at the MC dealership in Charlotte, must be a trade in. There are a couple very nice A22's listed here on CL in the low 60's.

IXFE

I was thinking for 2016 they would just make the wedge and gates part of the base build. I know why they don't, but I think it's stupid to have those be "options"

Jack stated several quarters ago during the earnings call that options have higher margin than the base boat. I suspect that's your answer. It also explains why things like "flip up bow light" are still options on these boats.

teamerickson

^^^ or PNP. :(

robbennett

I wonder how cheaply they can be had with not a single option.

That Guy

I wonder how cheaply they can be had with not a single option.

Sub $50k from what I found. But why?

robbennett

Sub $50k from what I found. But why?

Yeah I'd pass. But I would definitely go for the sub $50k Axis before going with the Wake Tractor. haha

Chaser720

Found this thread before going to look at that same boat this weekend. Other than missing the surfgates and the green, everything else was there. The dealer was very upfront about why the boat wasn't selling and discounted accordingly. And it was a trade in.

And up to date ad for reference. http://greenville.craigslist.org/bod/5318691848.html

Lance B. Johnson

Cool! Just plumb in custom sacks and reversibles. When you want to surf, flip a switch. Really listing a boat can be that easy, you don't have to have surfgate to surf!

Afun

This is a sin