Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

BOARD STORAGE IN THE BOAT?

whatshesaid

Man I've never seen this as an issue at all. I trailer minimum 100 miles per day-at-the-lake. All with boards on the floor. Never had an issue in thousands and thousands of miles. As soon as we get to the lake the boards go in the racks and we launch the boat. What's the big deal?

I'm not worried about them flying out.

We sometimes stay overnight on our trips, so I liked being able to store the boards in a bay, on my old boat I rigged it so that it locked.

Other than that it's just something I would think would be considered in the design of a six figure boat.

I agree with other statements that the extra cabin room is nice and I'm willing to sacrifice some rear bay storage for it, but then allocate some space elsewhere for boards. The Supra SE I demoed you could stack boards behing the spotter seat under the dash

I tried something this weekend a crew member mentioned. Standing two boards up at the helm, and then tilting the steering wheel down, wake boards in the floor with the wind screen in place. I didnt lose a board, or damage the boat with a flying board, but was nervouse about it.

I tried something this weekend a crew member mentioned. Standing two boards up at the helm, and then tilting the steering wheel down, wake boards in the floor with the wind screen in place. I didnt lose a board, or damage the boat with a flying board, but was nervouse about it.

That was me. I usually "heap mine in a big pile" but I have a foil so when I bring it on long trips, that takes up all my floor space and then some. That's the only time I use the helm. It's like overflow board storage.

Edited by isellacuras
  • Like 2

So let me get this strait.... A light weight surf board in the floor of you boat does not fly around or bonce around and get damaged when towing 70-75mph?

Im just not that brave to take that change!

So let me get this strait.... A light weight surf board in the floor of you boat does not fly around or bonce around and get damaged when towing 70-75mph?

That is correct. Like isellacuras I don't tow @75, but I've certainly gone that fast for brief periods. I regularly tow at about 65-70. My closest lake is 45 miles each way. I've been doing it this way for years. I've never had a board fly out.

I travel 90 miles each way virtually every Saturday. I do the same thing SD. I put boards in the center walkway behind the wind screen, and i put wakeboards between the surfs. Up to bindings, so 70% of wakeboards are closer to cabin area. I rarely have more than 2 wakeboards and usually have 4+ surf. Works like a champ, and even my soulcrafts ride there. I sometimes use bed of truck for short weekday trips, but behind windscreen Is most common for me. I frequently tow at 70.

I too just travel with wake, skate, surf board on the floor of the boat. No cover, no wind guard, windshield open (actually it hasn't even been in my boat for years). Never an issue towing at 70.

I too just travel with wake, skate, surf board on the floor of the boat. No cover, no wind guard, windshield open (actually it hasn't even been in my boat for years). Never an issue towing at 70.

Pictures of your boat sans windshield?