Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Gauge cluster

chrislackman

Hi all, i have a few questions, im looking to re-do my 97 Malibu gauge cluster. first of all does any one have pictures of any they have changed. im looking for ideas on what ohters have. and second question, does any one have the specs for all of the guages. i want to replace all the gauges in the boat to led style but need the specs of what gauges i can put in.

thanks in advance

That looks amazing! I have the same dash and it looks just like your before picture. I never realized how bad i wanted to update until this moment. If you don't mind could you tell us what you used and if you ran into any difficulties during your build.

Looking for the gauges you used, backboard material, and how you attached it. Were all the wires just plug back in or did you have to rewire it?

I can't believe how much better that looks. Simple and clean is always better in my head.

Thanks in advance!

That looks amazing! I have the same dash and it looks just like your before picture. I never realized how bad i wanted to update until this moment. If you don't mind could you tell us what you used and if you ran into any difficulties during your build.

Looking for the gauges you used, backboard material, and how you attached it. Were all the wires just plug back in or did you have to rewire it?

I can't believe how much better that looks. Simple and clean is always better in my head.

Thanks in advance!

I found out that Perfect Pass gets the cans for its gauges from Faria Marine Instruments. The Faria Euro Black gauges are what I used. You have to special order the multi gauge in 5 inch as its hard to find. The perfect Pass takes care of the speedo, Tach, and the water temp. I used 1/16 inch aluminum plate for the face material. The first one I made I cut out the holes first then bent the plate. That did not work. You have to bend the plate first then cut the holes. I just copied the stock mounting holes and used new button head Allen screws. You have to do a little rewiring for the gauge lighting and grounds but its easy stuff.

Wire colors are>>>

Red = 12v always on

Black(with multiple plugs) = Ground

Blue(single wire) = Oil Pressure

Blue(wire with multiple plugs) = Gauge Lights

Purple = 12v with Ignition ON

Grey = Signal to Tach

Pink = Fuel Sender

Tan = Water Temp

Hope this helps!

HUGH

:)

Also made a new radio plate and added some switches. Since the picture I repainted the plate to remove the scratches.

i-CVtG3p3-M.jpg

i-x45DG5w-M.jpg

Edited by HHARRIS
  • Like 2