Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help winterization heater vride 2007

Vride2007

Have a vride 2007 LCR 320 Indmar, with a half cooling system. This week i winterized the boat. I connected a hose to the water intake and put it in to tank with antifreeze, and had it running for like a minut until antifreeze came ut of then exhustpipes. did the heater get winterized or must i do somthing more?

excuse my bad english:)

//Dennis

Half the engine didn't get winterized if you let it run for a minute - the thermostat would have had to be removed unless the engine is brought up to temp. With the thermostat closed antifreeze did not make it to some areas of the engine.

Best thing to do is first drain all water out, including blowing out the heater core. Then you can add antifreeze for corrosion protection and a little extra insurance if you didn't get all of the water out.

with closed cooling you can disregard what OldJeep said. you are probably OK with the antifreeze flush. But speaking from experience, I would still wake up in the middle of the night in three months when it's 10*F below zero wondering whether I got all the raw water out. To be safe, I would still drain the manifolds and the heat exchanger.

Regarding the heater, it SHOULD be on the closed side of your closed cooling. You shouldn't need to do anything more.

Don't know, you didn't say that you had a partially closed system - would not be very common on your boat.

Yes he did -- "half cooling system" in OP.

And you realize every '16 will be half closed, right?