Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

98 Sunsetter Prop removal and repair SE Wisconsin

mtnbkr738

Hi everyone, 

since alot of you PM 'd me to ask about my experience with prop fix in SE WI, here is my report:

BTW: My prop wasn't terrible (its worse than pics showed... one blade was bent backwards on the tip) ...but bad enough to get it fixed.

1) I called the repair place nearest to me and they never answered the phone. I left multiple messages and never got a call back. No website, no hours listed... so i hated to drive 30 min to not have them open. 

2) Then I happen to be driving near another repair shop in the area,  they said $180 and at least a month to repair it. 

3) I FINALLY went online to propmd.com... I placed order for my repair ($120) online, put the prop in a box, usps picked it up and 1 week later i received my prop back. wow. done. simple. inexpensive. fast. did i saw "wow" yet??

I'm sold on propmd.

thx all for your input!

before

IMG_2403_zpsfj6qx3ud.jpg

After:

IMG_2656_zpsqajcsr8l.jpg

Edited by mtnbkr738

yup, they are about 7 miles away and have repaired a lot of props for me over the years (only one Acme, rest aluminums) - they do great work. The one Acme I took to them was completely trashed and they fixed it up good as new.

5 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

yup, they are about 7 miles away and have repaired a lot of props for me over the years (only one Acme, rest aluminums) - they do great work. The one Acme I took to them was completely trashed and they fixed it up good as new.

And they'll change the pitch during the repair if you ask.  With these guys never assume your prop is not fixable.