Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter bimimi front poles, where to buy replacements

11LSV15

I just purchased a 2011 23lsv about 5 weeks ago and finally just had a chance to go through everything. The two front bimimi poles and the pole for the table are all missing.

Does anyone have feedback as to where to buy replacements? Is the dealer the only place or is there a better solution?

Probably. Where did you buy it? Any chance the previous owner has that stuff somewhere else and could get it to you? Seems like those things would be hard to lose. Good luck and congrats on the boat!

I bought it from a private seller. He said he thought it was all in the boat. He is suppose to look but what to do if he can not find them???
Thanks we are excited to have the boat!!

SO I found the table pole that had slid and hid itself but the bimimi poles are unfortunately not in the same position.

He is going to look and get back to me. I sent an email to Bakes to see on replacements and will let everyone know what they say. I would have to imagine this is not the first time a pair of these have been misplaced.

My front bimini poles are actually attched to the front edge of the bimini frame and pivot back when the bimini is open. Does the bimini frame show any signs of an attachment point? Kinda weird that they aren't there as they stow when the bimini folds up. I have a 2011 LSV.

Would someone mind measuring their front poles and letting me know the length please? I have some on order but I do not know if they will be here in time before I go out again. Would like to cut my own but do not know the length.

Would someone mind measuring their front poles and letting me know the length please? I have some on order but I do not know if they will be here in time before I go out again. Would like to cut my own but do not know the length.

3/4'' dia by 17 1/2'' long stainless tubing on my 2012 VLX.

Did you check the glove box? It's big and those poles can really get lost easily in there. I would definitely hunt around in the glove box. And are they possibly rolled up into the bimini? Sorry, seems like dumb questions but had to ask.

If you contact Great Lakes bimini I am sure they can get you a pair.

Edited by Fman

My front bimini poles are actually attched to the front edge of the bimini frame and pivot back when the bimini is open. Does the bimini frame show any signs of an attachment point? Kinda weird that they aren't there as they stow when the bimini folds up. I have a 2011 LSV.

My 2011 vlx had seperate poles, I would stow them in the glove box. Did you have a great lakes or commercial sewing bimini?

Did you check the glove box? It's big and those poles can really get lost easily in there. I would definitely hunt around in the glove box. And are they possibly rolled up into the bimini? Sorry, seems like dumb questions but had to ask.

If you contact Great Lakes bimini I am sure they can get you a pair.

Thanks for the suggestion, I searched every square inch of the boat and could not find them. I ordered in 7/8" aluminum and replacement poles. My replacements get here on Monday but I had already ordered the 7/8" aluminum to have.

Thanks for all the feedback and help guys!

My 2011 vlx had seperate poles, I would stow them in the glove box. Did you have a great lakes or commercial sewing bimini?

It is a commercial sewing. That is a good idea of a place to stow them though. I am thinking there or tucking between the two batteries and the right wall in that storage compartment.

^^^^ good point. I was wrestling with mine the other day when trying to stow it. Not fun at all. I was the monkey in the Monkey F#*%ing a Football reference. Fortunately my forward bimini poles are attached to the front frame piece otherwise I could definetly see then falling out and hitting the windshield.

We had a really bad day with this a couple of weeks ago, except ours fell out of bimini cover bag and straight into the water. Where did you wind up ordering your from?

We had a really bad day with this a couple of weeks ago, except ours fell out of bimini cover bag and straight into the water. Where did you wind up ordering your from?

Dang that stinks! I ended up contacting Andrew at Bakes. Unfortunately you can not order direct although they shipped direct. They ended up being 65 bucks shipped to me. Give bakes marine a call and ask for Andrew. He will be able to help you out.