Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Please Post Up the Song of the Season on your BU' even if its Country..

Afun

Buy me a boat defiantly played a few times on my boat this year. Also another country song Real Life- Jake Owen.

But we listen to all kinds of music to keep the party happy and another favorite was 679- Fetty Wap (young ears warning) :biggrin:

If anyone has spotify you can find our boat playlist by searching Morgan Laudermill and it will be the "Boat Playlist"

I'm serious when I say Buy Me a Boat is so overly "redneckified" that it's almost offensive.

It's the "Larry the Cable Guy" of music. And I notice that most of you posting about it don't live in the south.

I'm ashamed this is what some people think southerners are like.

-__-

I just keep picturing IBIP playing this on a constant loop while out on the boat:

https://youtu.be/LI883QEw5YU

Edited by RedOwl

Avenged Sevenfold -Hail to the King

Chevelle-Face to the floor and Take out the Gunman

AWOLNATION-all songs!! I got to see AWOL this summer and OMG!! My new favorite band. I liked them before, but after seeing how they absolutely crush it live, I have a whole new appreciation for them.

Edited by Brodie

Came out mid/end of summer, but Five Finger Death Punch - Jekyll and Hyde. Love me some angry music; sans-kid song. With kids on board, David Fanning - Doin' Country Right. Jake Owen is always a good one also.

Edited by DAI

I'm serious when I say Buy Me a Boat is so overly "redneckified" that it's almost offensive.

It's the "Larry the Cable Guy" of music. And I notice that most of you posting about it don't live in the south.

I'm ashamed this is what some people think southerners are like.

-__-

Please help me understand why it matters that we don't live in the south and like "Buy Me a Boat".

Also, please help me understand how I jump to conclusions about southerners based off of that song.

Edited by jaciche

Please help me understand why it matters that we don't live in the south and like "Buy Me a Boat".

Also, please help me understand how I jump to conclusions about southerners based off of that song.

I didn't say "you." You are allowed to like whatever you want. But here are the reasons I hate it...

In my experience in dealing with people who don't LIVE in the south, many of them are shocked we don't all listen to country, drive on dirt roads, beat our wives, scream "roll tide," and live in trailers. :p

Surprise, we don't all sound like Duck Dynasty cast members. lol

This song just perpetuates the whole redneck persona that a lot of us hate, and prefer not to be associated with.

Plus, that horrible over the top, fake country "twang" he sings with is unrealistic. Trying too hard to be "straight outta the sticks" kinda country.

And, it's a terrible song that sounds like all other terrible country songs, it just happens to be about a boat, coors light, and yeti coolers. You can replace "boat" with "nascar" or "frog giggin'" or "turkey hunting calls" or "mud ridin'" etc.

As a random side note. Jake Owens spent a lot of time on our lake this summer. That purple 'Bu is actually suuuuuper pretty in person. And I don't like purple boats. (Sorry Afun)

I actually got to spend a day on the lake with Jake... He is honestly one of the most down to earth people I have met, and yes, that boat is damn pretty! He also said that before he cuts songs for his album, he listens to them out on the water. He is a huge watersports fan and I really don't know why Malibu doesn't use him in PR more often. I know they have the video of him taking delivery of his Bu, but that is about it. He can tear it up on a wakeboard too. I have video of him doing a flip but don't know how to embed that in a post.

+1 for Buy Me a Boat

For the Country haters out there (which seem plentiful on this thread...which actually surprises me a bit), you have got to love a song about boats, trucks, the worlds greatest cooler, and cold beer. :-)

I know everybody says

Money can't buy happiness....

But it can buy me a boat

It can buy me a truck to pull it

It can buy me a Yeti 110 iced down with some Silver Bullets.

-- Mike

Where are the country haters?

I didn't say "you." You are allowed to like whatever you want. But here are the reasons I hate it...

In my experience in dealing with people who don't LIVE in the south, many of them are shocked we don't all listen to country, drive on dirt roads, beat our wives, scream "roll tide," and live in trailers. :p

Surprise, we don't all sound like Duck Dynasty cast members. lol

This song just perpetuates the whole redneck persona that a lot of us hate, and prefer not to be associated with.

Plus, that horrible over the top, fake country "twang" he sings with is unrealistic. Trying too hard to be "straight outta the sticks" kinda country.

And, it's a terrible song that sounds like all other terrible country songs, it just happens to be about a boat, coors light, and yeti coolers. You can replace "boat" with "nascar" or "frog giggin'" or "turkey hunting calls" or "mud ridin'" etc.

Up here we live in igloos year round, club baby seals for dinner, say eh after everything, all look the same (thank you southpark for that one), apologize too much, dress like lumberjacks, and play too much hockey.

Embrace your stereotype!

• Like 2

I actually got to spend a day on the lake with Jake... He is honestly one of the most down to earth people I have met, and yes, that boat is damn pretty! He also said that before he cuts songs for his album, he listens to them out on the water. He is a huge watersports fan and I really don't know why Malibu doesn't use him in PR more often. I know they have the video of him taking delivery of his Bu, but that is about it. He can tear it up on a wakeboard too. I have video of him doing a flip but don't know how to embed that in a post.

Welcome aboard fellow Badger!

How did you find yourself in Jake Owen's company - must be a cool story!

Also, which lakes do you frequent in the area - always nice to know there's a fellow Crew member floating around!

Edited by RedOwl

Up here we live in igloos year round, club baby seals for dinner, say eh after everything, all look the same (thank you southpark for that one), apologize too much, dress like lumberjacks, and play too much hockey.

Embrace your stereotype!

wait... you mean that stuff isn't true?

• Like 1

Embrace your stereotype!

You can't post this insider information online - my Tim Hortons stock will tank!!!

Save it for a Rainy Day - Kenny Chesney - Or pretty much anything from his Big Revival Album.

noshoesradio.com - good variety for relaxing at the lake