Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Starter fuse popping

CJAY

So i took it for the 100hour service the week before and it had done it once the day before I took it in. According to the paper work they checked all the wires. It ran well the next time it went out, but then Sat it just kept popping them over and over

Not yet, they are replacing the whole relay module, and some other things, said it will be ready by Friday afternoon, so I can get it for Sat. Will update after we get it on the water

Yeah it's on the front side of the engine. They say they figured it out, the solenoid on the starter was sending out more volts than it should, just enough to pop a 20amp fuse. They tried a 25amp and it worked fine. So they replaced the entire stater just to be sure. Pick it up today, will see if it acts up this weekend. Lots of fuses on hand just in case

Edited by CJAY