Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mold on boat cover?

Nwextreme

So I noticed all over the inside of my new custom cover it has mold all over the inside of it after putting the boat away wet and leaving town for a couple of weeks during the summer. How do I go about getting rid of it?? It's all over....

Lay it out in your driveway, soak it , scrub it good. Dry it out good before you reinstall it. And dry the boat out too. Use a dehumidifier of some kind, ie; Dry-z-air baskets, available at pretty much any hardware store.

What's the cover material?

Where was the boat when this happened - indoors or out?

New custom cover - contact the manufacturer for their recommendations.

Edited by Rednucleus

Scrub it down w what? Should I use a laundry detergent?

Scrub it with a brush. I wouldn't use laundry detergent as it will remove whatever water repellent properties your cover has. Maybe a bit of dish soap, something light duty. But the point is scrub the stuff off with a brush like you would do on your upholstery, tires, etc.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky