Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New adjustable height drivers seat

Fman

Anyone with a 2016 could you please share a few pics of how Malibu mounted the adjustable height seat mech to base of seat. I'm going to see if it would be possible to install one on a 2015. Of all the new 2016 upgrades this one I am really interested in having. Thx...

• Like 1

Wish I would have known I would have taken pictures last night. It looked like the unit was completely concealed in the fiberglass base below and had one cylinder that would move the seat up and down. Looks much better than Supra's IMO. Worked well too.

I went a looked at the height adjustable seat last Saturday, here are the pictures: (post #2)

post-3087-0-18484600-1442593703_thumb.jp

post-3087-0-07633100-1442593718_thumb.jp

A quick note: my 4 year old (< 40 lbs.) was sitting in the seat and there was significant flex in the fiberglass pedestal. I personally would not be comfortable sitting in the seat in the up/extended position in choppy water; I believe there needs to be some reinforcement in the seat pedestal.

A little disappointing that it's only 3.25" rise. I bet the flex was a big reason they couldn't make it go higher. I was thinking of using the base of an office chair. Cylinder is smaller, maybe only 2-2.5". But sitting in an office chair in fully raised position, doesn't seam unstable. Plus, if I tested it and didn't like it, anything I did, holes/cutting, etc, would be covered up by reinstalling my 4" seat base I have installed now. A low cost office chair could be had for under $100. May be worth it for a little R&D....

Was hoping for more than 3.25" but better than nothing. Good news it looks like a part that can be found online somewhere and the seat base appears to be the same as 2015. Would be pretty simple to install a backing plate for reinforcement. Let's try searching online and see what we can come up with.

Edited by Fman

Was hoping for more than 3.25" but better than nothing. Good news it looks like a part that can be found online somewhere and the seat base appears to be the same as 2015. Would be pretty simple to install a backing plate for reinforcement. Let's try searching online and see what we can come up with.

Here you go. 7.5" of lift. Only requires 17" below deck and a couple thousand dollars ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BESENZONI-IMTRA-WHITE-ALUMINUM-BOAT-SEAT-PEDESTAL-ELECTRIC-SUPPORT-MOUNT-/141190409766?hash=item20df9aae26&vxp=mtr

This one looks like it might be a good start for a reasonable price.

http://www.cascadedepot.com/mainstay-thru-the-deck-pedestal-8-25-to-14/

@Fman Nice find, but this one looks better if you can deal with it not being a power seat:

http://www.cascadedepot.com/easy-ride-seat-pedestal/

It's still only 3" of rise, but that might be enough...

I'll just keep folding my throw cushion in half then thank you. FAIL.

@Fman Nice find, but this one looks better if you can deal with it not being a power seat:

http://www.cascadedepot.com/easy-ride-seat-pedestal/

It's still only 3" of rise, but that might be enough...

I saw that one, the reviews were a little sketch...one guy said it broke after half season. Do you think it's low profile enough? It looks super high to me but maybe I am not seeing it right in the photo.

I went a looked at the height adjustable seat last Saturday, here are the pictures: (post #2)

IMG_4427.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

A quick note: my 4 year old (< 40 lbs.) was sitting in the seat and there was significant flex in the fiberglass pedestal. I personally would not be comfortable sitting in the seat in the up/extended position in choppy water; I believe there needs to be some reinforcement in the seat pedestal.

So I see some electrical, it's automatic? Where is the control mech on it? Does it have a toggle switch to raise and lower? I'm wondering if Malibu custom made this or it can be sourced from outside vendor?

I sat in one today. I'm 5'10 and at its lowest point, my whole head is already above the windshield. Fully lifted at its highest point, it's just plain ridiculous. There is no way for my head to be below the windshield at any point. I would definitely pass if I ordered a 16