Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wet Sounds Stealth 10 Sound Bar

TheHardWay

I'm about to pull the trigger on one of these sound bars for use in my Polaris RZR. Anyone here have first hand experience with them? Looks like Earmark Audio has a TMC discount too! :werule:

Definitely check in with Odin at Earmark Marine. He also offers progressive discounts for zone and system packages.

Earmark has several Polaris systems on their Facebook and Odin personally owns a Polaris that is loaded with audio. So he knows that category very well.

Yep, close buddy just put one in his bass boat. Very compact solid, sturdy piece of gear. But do not think its going to be like a Bose Wave Radio level sound quality or depth/balance of sound. You can only do so much with 3" speakers, but for that application, in a RZR, amp included and ruggedized all weather... its a good fit. It'll be good for low and moderate volumes... medium to high volumes for any decent duration, I think I'd get weary of the lack of warmth and balance quickly.

Any chance of doing a pair of coaxes? perhaps JL 7.7 or 8.8s, tower speakers and an amp? more cost and complicated..... but as you back up to a bonfire and wanna play music and drink a beer, it'd sound much better if you have the space and budget to support it.

At a minimum.... demo one to ensure you are happy with the sound quality.

Edited by nyryan2001

Install it with a sub of about any sort and you'll enjoy it. We sell them as well, and I have one sitting on the shelf behind me at the counter that I stream spotify to via bluetooth from the computer. Due to the room size it's not great by itself, but when I feed the powered sub under the counter using the Aux out from it, than it sounds good. If you want to stay compact without custom housings, the Steath is a good option, but I'd look for space for at least the 6.5" sub's. (ss-65 sub)

Peter

Thanks for the input guys. My original plan was to do some tower -type speakers with one of those little amps you can plug a phone/ipod into and call it good. Then I saw this bar and was interested. Simple, rugged, compact. I have one on order, and I'm awaiting it arrival. I'm not looking for something that is going to be as loud as an all out boat system, just something that I can hear while ripping around the trails, so I am thinking this bar will be plenty for me. On down the road, I'll add a sub. There is a company out there that makes an enclosure that tucks behind the seats and fits a 10" sub, so it will be out of the way, and not interfere with the driver and passenger.

http://www.ssvworks.com/product/RZ3-BSSB10_RZ3-BSSB10+-+Polaris+RZR_XP_1000--XP_4_1000_+Behind+Seat+Sub+Box+with+600+watt+10_+woofer