Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bunk length for Extreme Trailer

Tranner

Hi guys, I have been searching the forum for the past few days and could not find an exact answer so I wanted to see if you guys could help.

I have a 2006 VLX that sits on a 2006 Extreme tandem axle trailer. I keep the boat 250 miles away from me and would like to install new bunks on the trailer by preparing them at home before I drive out. My question is how long are the 2 outer and 2 inner bunks on the trailer? My guess is somewhere in the 8 foot to 10 foot range but hoped someone could confirm. I don't have any actual pictures of my trailer, but i found a couple nearly identical pictures that another forum member posted several years ago. My trailer basically looks like this. So what do you guys think? 8 foot or 10 foot bunks? And are the inner ones different length than the outer ones?

trailer4-1.jpg

trailer6.jpg

I wanted to write back and let everyone know that I think I found the lengths from a good source.

The two inner bunks are supposed to be 101"

The two outer bunks are supposed to be 97"

I don't have an extreme, but my inner bunks are shorter than the outer bunks. My inner bunks were 96" and the outer was around 108". I would go buy 2 8' long 2x4 and 2 10' long 2x6 and cut the 2x6 once your at the trailer.

On my 06 vlx with extreme trailer I just redid the bunks. The 2x4 inner bunks were 96" and the outside were 100" that's without carpet so I'm sure the 97 and 101 will qork great aswell!

On my 06 vlx with extreme trailer I just redid the bunks. The 2x4 inner bunks were 96" and the outside were 100" that's without carpet so I'm sure the 97 and 101 will qork great aswell!

Thanks for confirming, Cayute.

My extreme has carriage bolts...I would not drill any bolt holes until you get the old bunks off. I cut my bunks to the right length, cut the right size carpet for each, floated the boat and used the old bunks as a template to drill the holes. After that I installed the carpet and replaced them.