Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G4 tower trailering questions?

McMiller

I'm debating the G4 on our next boat so that we can trailer with it folded - we trailer a lot to different lakes in TN/KY and up to Canada around 4,000 miles a year. I currently put plastic wrap around the tower on the way to and from Canada, its a pain - but it keeps the bugs off......

1. Anyone have a boat cover made that covers the whole boat with the G4 folded down?
  2. How hard is the G4 bimini to completely remove?

I'm debating the G4 on our next boat so that we can trailer with it folded - we trailer a lot to different lakes in TN/KY and up to Canada around 4,000 miles a year. I currently put plastic wrap around the tower on the way to and from Canada, its a pain - but it keeps the bugs off......

1. Anyone have a boat cover made that covers the whole boat with the G4 folded down?
  2. How hard is the G4 bimini to completely remove?

1. In 2016, it is an option to get a cover that is made to go over the G4 Tower in a folded, locked position. It is made by Commercial Sewing.

2. I have yet to remove one, but it should just be one bolt on each side. The CS Pistol Bimini option on 2016 makes it easy to stow in a folded, locked position (see attachment).

18854_zpsltipebyu.jpg

I'd like to see that new 2016 cover. Do you have to remove the board racks to use it?

I highly recommend the G4 tower for trailering. Get www.speakersox.com covers for your racks and everything stays bug free for the journey. I have the pistol bracket. It's a nice upgrade over the 2015 bracket. I recommend allowing the bimini to rest on the seat when trailering and not in the locked position. When doing this, there are two removable pins on the pivoting extension arms, be sure to push them flush so you don't scratch your vinyl.

Edited by Cory

1. In 2016, it is an option to get a cover that is made to go over the G4 Tower in a folded, locked position. It is made by Commercial Sewing.

2. I have yet to remove one, but it should just be one bolt on each side. The CS Pistol Bimini option on 2016 makes it easy to stow in a folded, locked position (see attachment).

18854_zpsltipebyu.jpg

Mason, when are you going to get us some pictures of that cover??? You gonna have it along with the new G-killer for Evening with the Stars?

Mason, when are you going to get us some pictures of that cover??? You gonna have it along with the new G-killer for Evening with the Stars?

25 LSV should be in before months end, with the CS Over-Folded G4 Tower Cover. I'll send some pics your way when it arrives ;).

• 8 months later...

Does anyone know how to remove the board racks from the G4?  Trying to get a folded G4 to fit in the garage!

Haven't done it yet, but there is a set screw that you need to loosen on the back side of the rack, then it slides off towards the back of the boat.  Super easy and quick.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the G4 tower and love it. We trailer quite a bit and it's great. The cover is the best cover I have ever had it goes over the tower and fits great. You don't need to remove the Bimini to use the cover. 

On September 17, 2015 at 9:32 AM, UpperleftWake said:

18854_zpsltipebyu.jpg

I do not understand why they do not make a Bimini that can stay out with the tower folded. Make it break in 2 places in the front. With the tower up break the front half of the Bimini where it folds and lays back then drop the tower. That first break would be sticking straight up in the air when you  Drop the tower. Slide board racks off and break the second half so that it lays along the tower. You lose a couple inches but maybe with mods you could only lose an inch or so. Hope my description made sense haha.