Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help me build the perfect VLX

smooky

WHen I see them beside each other, the vapor blue does look better with the darker graphite. I like the dark blue better with a lighter main color, but nevertheless, going to be a sharp looking boat. Now, on the tower, given that you have no white on the boat anywhere, I'd stick with a black tower. Otherwise, it would get too busy.

Afun, we get it, you don't like blue. You've told us now seven times in this thread, and I know you've said it before. You know he likes blue, why the need to CONSTANTLY insult everyone with a blue boat for it? FWIW, I see almost no blue Malibus on Fort Loudon (except mine), and given that smooky is a flippin' continent away, why should he care what you see on Norris, or what I see on Fort Loudon?

ahopkins22LSV

I would only get a white tower if you have the main hull white as the upper right is designed in the most recent picture posts. If it's like the bottom right I would leave it black. And I would leave the hull swoosh vapor blue.

• Like 2

I would only get a white tower if you have the main hull white as the upper right is designed in the most recent picture posts. If it's like the bottom right I would leave it black. And I would leave the hull swoosh vapor blue.

Hull main will probably be white, as the green above, that is why I'm asking about the white tower.

Then of course, if I have machine Silver or charcoal as hull main color, tower will be black.

Afun, we get it, you don't like blue. You've told us now seven times in this thread, and I know you've said it before. You know he likes blue, why the need to CONSTANTLY insult everyone with a blue boat for it? FWIW, I see almost no blue Malibus on Fort Loudon (except mine), and given that smooky is a flippin' continent away, why should he care what you see on Norris, or what I see on Fort Loudon?

I have never seen a boat here as the one I'm building, and I've never seen a Vapor blue on my lake, the only vapor blue I have seen is on another Lake around 200miles away. So, I don't feel like doing what all people do :-)

Here people are more around black, red, and yellow.

Ok, so we are almost done (still have to decide between option 1 and 2) :

Hull base : Ebony

Hull accent : Vapor blue

Swim platform : Vapor blue

Hull main : option 1 = white / Option 2 = machine silver metallic

Hull accent 2 : Vapor blue

Deck base : Vapor blue

Deck accent : Ebony

Deck main : Vapor blue

Tower : option 1 = white / Option 2 = black

Interior base : Moonbeam

Interior main : Light graphite

Cushion panel : Ebony

Cushion bead : Vapor blue

Interior accent 1: Vapor blue

Interior accent 2 : Black

Dash accent : Vapor blue

Fiberglass floor : Ebony

Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202015-10-15%

I really like it as shown, but the other option would be beautiful as well. Have you had a boat with a black floor before? I have dark blue and if I get to order another boat, it will be white. The dark is hot, even with the carpet in it shows every spec of dust/dirt/fuzzy, and it scuffs really easily. My seat base has some marks on it that wouldn't be visible if it were white.

Edited by Raimie

I really like it as shown, but the other option would be beautiful as well. Have you had a boat with a black floor before? I have dark blue and if I get to order another boat, it will be white. The dark is hot, even with the carpet in it shows every spec of dust/dirt/fuzzy, and it scuffs really easily. My seat base has some marks on it that wouldn't be visible if it were white.

No, never owned a boat with black floor. Only white, and it is just a pain to keep it clean as well, that is why I was thinking about black, but it looks like it is not a good option as well :-( Then I have the choice between Vapor blue (no too much vapor blue inside then ?) or moonbeam. Or any other idea ?

Edited by smooky

My Axis was sold Dark Blue. Great looking boat, but boy did it show every little scuff. The VLX has a white interior, and mostly white around the back area where it is likely to get scuffed by boards and other equipment. I know a lot of folks here don't like white, and I get that, but there is a very practical side to it.....

No, never owned a boat with black floor. Only white, and it is just a pain to keep it clean as well, that is why I was thinking about black, but it looks like it is not a good option as well :-( Then I have the choice between Vapor blue (no too much vapor blue inside then ?) or moonbeam. Or any other idea ?

The vapor would show everything like the darker colors as well. I think Moonbeam would be a great option, but I have not had a boat with that color.

Another thing that I noticed on mine... On the dark blue floor when I pull up the tatami mat there is some discoloration of the floor which I am certain is caused by heat. If you even run without the carpet in, the dark floor would be extremely hot and might have that discoloration.

The vapor would show everything like the darker colors as well. I think Moonbeam would be a great option, but I have not had a boat with that color.

Another thing that I noticed on mine... On the dark blue floor when I pull up the tatami mat there is some discoloration of the floor which I am certain is caused by heat. If you even run without the carpet in, the dark floor would be extremely hot and might have that discoloration.

Good to know ! Thanks for the advice !

Floor will be moonbeam :-) winter wil be vvvveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyy long

Excellent choice. I did a moonbeam floor on my 2012 VLX and I really liked how it "hid" the fiberglass line you see between the gray carpet on the floor and the seat bases. It gives the floor a more uniform look (see pic below... shown with and without carpet installed).

On the other hand, the black floor just looks badass and ties in nicely on boats that have many other black accents, in particular the black seat cushions. The downside as others have mentioned is that it shows small white scratches much easier.

photo.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

• Like 3