Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Help me build the perfect VLX

smooky

Looks like bottom left is the winner.

With this scheme it will be either vapor blue/black/charcoal metallic or dark blue/black/silver machine metallic

But not red.

Vapor blue is nice with silver indeed. I was thinking bright color would looks better ok a darker color.

Afun, thanks for the lakers boat, but I m a lakers and Kobe haters, so no chance here ;-)))))

Do you find the chance of scratching the gel coat easier with those carabiners?

No, the fenders are big enough diameter that they keep the carabiner away from the boat. Seriously works amazingly well. You need large fenders though. Similar to this. http://m.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Dockmate-Tuff-Shield-Fender-8-1/2-x-27&i=76752&r=view&from=grid

Edited by DarkSide

Black hulls look awesome imo. To be honest I don't know if I have seen a vapor blue hull on a boat in person.

I like our black hull but I wouldn't hesitate to do a colored hull either.

Wife decided that our next boat will be Vapor blue (pop a lot, and nicer than dark blue). On my side, I'm happy with both blue, so let's order this beast Vapor Blue :-)

So last questions :

1) White or black tower with vapor blue ? (Some of you say because of the pop of Vapor Blue, black tower is better, but the Green metallic looks pretty nice with a white tower, and green pops... so...)

2) Will you keep hull accent and hull base black, or will you do hull accent vapor and hull base black ? Boat below has hull accent green and hull base black.

Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202015-10-14%

Edited by smooky