Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Love this time of year!

Kalamazoo

We got some good runs in tonight! But much to nice of a day, way more boats then usual for this time of year. So I get the boat back on the lift and had it wiped down and a guy goes past his boat standing on the tail making a wake much larger them many of the wake surf boats. the wake pounds off the sea wall and soaks my boat. :mad: I may as well have put the nose through a wake. The wake was over the dock so soaked my shirt.

Oh well !!!!!

Spent most of the day on the water between the R lxi and the pontoon. :biggrin:

Edited by Sixball

Beautiful weather! I snuck out to Lake Jordan yesterday afternoon to review some documents for work. No boats around, water like glass, and the only sounds were the fish jumping in the lake.

IMG_8614.jpg

IMG_8616.jpg

• Like 2

My lake has looked the same all day. Problem is I have work to do and no ski partners today. I also have an evening meeting so I am thinking I will not be getting out today. Bummmmmmmmer

Talk about jinxing myself...since my OP I've been swamped with work, work travel, rocket football, soccer and most recently a sinus infection that has morphed into the cold from hell. As Murphy would have it, I haven't touched a drop of water.

I will not post my favorite times of year any longer...Hopefully my son's team doesn't make the finals on sunday so we can surf... :clap:

heading out in an hour, can't wait. mid 80's and sunny all weekend! Last weekend was great, besides the 4 hours I spent getting the seadoo out of the shallows. Certain waterways are at your own risk after labor day for depth. Luckily it was all mud bottom, but I felt like a noob.

September has been the nicest month of the year for us. I've been on the lake and skiing 21 out of 26 this days so far with plans to get out the next 3. Still no wetsuit needed, and the lake is all ours.

Kalamazoo...how would you rate your 14 Tomcat against the Bu?

tough question...

if I'm being honest, I'd say they both wake, surf, etc great. fit and finish on both is very comparable. MB will be better in rough water due to deep V.

I think the surf wave is "steeper" on mine due to deep V and listing. surfgate wave seems flatter? (skim style-ish). My tomcat has a clean wake at 18.5 which is great for kiddos, not sure on malibu.

MB is "simpler" (no touchscreens, very straighforward) and about 30% less in price.

I don't think a Malibu owner would be disappointed in an MB, or vice versa.

One of the main factors for me was which dealer did I want to 'marry'.

• Like 1