Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Love this time of year!

Kalamazoo

Vacationers have pulled their boats and closed the cottages.

Locals have moved on to sports, hunting and other activities.

Water is flat. Wetsuits still fit. 40,000 btus of Heatercraft operational and ready to go.

Here. We. Go.

Agree 110% Only thing keeping our group off the lake this winter will be enough ice to tear a dry suit! The last two winters we have had guys out with surgery rehabs - This year will be "The Winter of George"! Hard to beat glass and no traffic. I like to carry a big ice chest full of hot water to stand in to turn blue feet back to pink. When they don't turn pink anymore we quit for the day!

• Like 2

before my 'bu I was into deep sea fishing off of Ocean City, MD as well as fishing pretty deep into the Chesapeake . So this summer was my first summer really on Lake Anna and I never really thought it was "rough."

But I have a new appreciation for glass/butter. I'v never experienced water this smooth and am loving every minute of it. I have no problem dragging my hungover friends outta bed at 5:30-6 am to be out on the water.

yeper. One of the best times of the year. I am P.Oed now I missed a chance to get out today. The best day we have had in five days. Had a friend over most of the day helping with some electrical and work on the roof. I have a meeting in a little wile so I don't have time to drop the boat ski and clean it up before putting it to bed for the evening. Bummer!

A lot of rain cold and wind up to today. Tomorrow!

Couldn't agree more. Skied Friday night and didn't see another boat the entire time. Skied in the middle of the afternoon on Sunday. One other boat to contend with, and it was just passing through, the entire time we skied the only couple mile long stretch of flat water on the river yesterday. It's like a light switch goes off and folks just no longer make it a priority.

Skied Saturday right before and after the Badger game. Not another boat in sight.

Skied Sunday right before the Packer game. Again, lake to ourselves.

Water was 65-68 degrees at the surface, the legs, back, shoulders, hands, and technique all in late-season shape.

Can't beat that! Sadly, that was our grand finale up at the lake for the year. Boat went into storage this morning. :(

Edited by UWSkier

I'll be be in Minnesota this weekend so I will be missing some good boatig weather. Good ole Nor Cal and our typical fall weather. Just sayin'..., sometimes the high taxes don't seem to matter.

image_38.jpg

Edited by isellacuras

I'll be be in Minnesota this weekend so I will be missing some good boatig weather. Good ole Nor Cal and our typical fall weather. Just sayin'..., sometimes the high taxes don't seem to matter.

image_38.jpg

Going to be in the 80's all week here in MN!

Skied Saturday right before and after the Badger game. Not another boat in sight.

Skied Sunday right before the Packer game. Again, lake to ourselves.

Water was 65-68 degrees at the surface, the legs, back, shoulders, hands, and technique all in late-season shape.

Can't beat that! Sadly, that was our grand finale up at the lake for the year. Boat went into storage this morning. :(

We got out immediately after the Packer game. I was actually surprised by the number of boats out. Not a busy day, but still surprised. Pretty warm this week, you'd be missing out if it weren't for this wind :mad:

Going to be in the 80's all week here in MN!

Even 80s all week up here in VT! My lake is still at 80 degrees and I don't typically pull out the dry suit until mid October. Love being on a lake that's only 50ish feet deep. Warms up quick, and stays warm late in the year.

We have true wet suits here around San Antonio until at least Thanksgiving! We'll stay in the 90's for at least another month or two, battle a few mild cold fronts and end up with water in the 80's and air temps just below that for a few days. A few years back we stayed active on the water right up until Christmas.

Everyone has left the lake for other pursuits, which is great. It comes at a BIG cost, though. Being the only wave on the lake make us a light for the water lice. I sounded the horn, yelled and waived more this weekend more than ever being the only on boat on the water. I don't like being "that guy" who yells at others but come on jet ski people! It should be legal to mount a potato cannon turret on your boat for perimeter defense.

Friday looks to be our last day on the water. Levels are dropping in the river and I don't want to take any risks week to week. Best thing is at this time of year the river shuts off with boat traffic, I'll be surfing 100+ feet deep of open water for miles all day long. Can't wait.

87 Saturday and 88 Sunday for us! Everyone starts watching football and thinks that the water gets cold after labor day. We still have until mid to late October with no wetsuit. After that we will ride until the lake level gets too low which will probably be December. I've done 150 hours this summer and hope to do 100 more.

Mid 80's for us in NC this week and weekend......Heading up to the lake Saturday through Tuesday......water temp still ~80 for us.....should be fine to play until late October unless things change drastically. Looking forward to the butter this weekend.

Mid 80's this week up here in Northern CT too...water temp still close to 80!... gonna die hard this year for sure. Smooth water slalom at mid day and lovin it.

yup! we usually ride on the CT river or lake zoar until late october. what lake are you on?

yup! we usually ride on the CT river or lake zoar until late october. what lake are you on?

Crystal lake almost everyday! Occasional trips to Gardner but can't get smooth water on weekends at Gardner till after Labor Day.