Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014 LSV pops out of gear and stuck in neutral

black ghost

Put the boat in the water this weekend after a while out for service. Noticed that when I put it in gear it just revved the engine like it was stuck in neutral. The problem corrected itself and after running smoothly for an hour we were cruising along at about 10 mph and the boat popped out of gear very quickly and continued to rev until I put it in neutral.

After this had happened it was stuck in neutral as if the electric neutral signal was messed up. I reset the battery and the boat would not start as if it was in neutral. After about 10 minutes I tried again and the boat started and we could put it in gear. This lasted about 10 minutes then it popped out again and we were stuck in neutral again.

Anyone had any issues like this before?