Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Pending barefoot record

footndale

We use to start on one ski, years back long lining behind our drag boats, the ski was an old

plank of a ski. We removed all the bindings except for the front boot heal piece. Stepping off was a snap,

one foot on the water a quick lift of the ski foot, Bang ski was gone and your at it.

I couldn't tell in the video if that's how they all release or jumped out of both at the same time.

JB, you'd click one the one ski transfer like nothing!

We get up on two. Drop one ski right away. Keep all feet off water until boat gets up to full RPMS. Get the signal from the boat to step off. Pretty much majority of people step off with in a second of each other. Fun as heck.

• Like 1

We get up on two. Drop one ski right away. Keep all feet off water until boat gets up to full RPMS. Get the signal from the boat to step off. Pretty much majority of people step off with in a second of each other. Fun as heck.

looks like I have something to try out...guess I will have to Ma-giver an old pair of skis or a slalom ski and remove some bindings...

Go Pro, and YouTube here I come....LOL

And hopefully not a trip to the ER, they know me all to well there...haha

looks like I have something to try out...guess I will have to Ma-giver an old pair of skis or a slalom ski and remove some bindings...

Just keep the heel really lose, no need to remove anything. Of course, d*** Pope Jrs. skis seem to work the best, but anything will do. I've even stepped out of jump skis before. :)

Stay low and don't look down :) The old d*** pope ski's are awesome for stepping off of. Newer ski's with rocker tend to fly up quick. Almost took a ski tip to the crotch in a step off once due to that.

Just keep the heel really lose, no need to remove anything. Of course, d*** Pope Jrs. skis seem to work the best, but anything will do. I've even stepped out of jump skis before. :)

ya beat me to it :)

I've tried to step out of a double boot slalom ski. That didn't end well. Just about any wooden ski with the old style rubber bindings is your best bet.

Our bf drop ski has the heel piece removed from the front binding. I want to put the rear half back on, but my brother who is still a bf greenhorn wants to leave it off. Once you have some practice, you can step off just about anything.

2 ski bomb-outs are a blast too, but may result in a good faceplant

I'll have to find the picture of our drop ski bent in half from when an I/O ran it over when it was floating in the water. From now on, I deep-up whenever possible.

Edited by jaciche

Please Please wait till next year when I can watch this in person..... Oh what a joy it would be....

Yup, that’s that SADISTIC side coming out again..... lol....

As for boots on your ski, just the heal on the front foot is what we used, so easy to step off! lift and separate.... lol... and I don’t mean your Bra….lol…

Stay low and don't look down :) The old d*** pope ski's are awesome for stepping off of. Newer ski's with rocker tend to fly up quick. Almost took a ski tip to the crotch in a step off once due to that.

So, I WILL BE GOING to the ER I see :rofl: ....hmmm

Please Please wait till next year when I can watch this in person..... Oh what a joy it would be....

Yup, that’s that SADISTIC side coming out again..... lol....

As for boots on your ski, just the heal on the front foot is what we used, so easy to step off! lift and separate.... lol... and I don’t mean your Bra….lol…

Dare, you are Such an @$$.... :fingerwag::fingerwag::fingerwag:

But, you know I love it...and would say the same thing had you made the comment instead :yahoo:

• Like 3

Dare, you are Such an @$$.... :fingerwag::fingerwag::fingerwag:

But, you know I love it...and would say the same thing had you made the comment instead :yahoo:

Hey...One of the many things I love about the TMC..... The Comradery.... :rockon:

And Im surprised Dutch hasnt chimed in here yet with a shot or two!!

Edited by Dare2goBare

Depends on how good is a footer you are :). Post some video thought when you try :)

I can hold my own....but that is what I am afraid that I will be doing should the ski fly up and hit me in the crotch... :biggrin:

I can hold my own....but that is what I am afraid that I will be doing should the ski fly up and hit me in the crotch... :biggrin:

Wear a cup. The worst part is that if it does hit you you'll probably end up doing a nice face plant too. Throws your balance off. Same ski hit me in the leg once and somehow I ended up in a face plant.

Oh. And just so you know. The typical reaction is more like a clutch not a hold :)

• Like 1

I'm more likely to make a trip to Pittsburgh in hockey season, but I really need to plan a summer TMC trip!

look me up when you get in the Burgh, any time of the year....

if we have snow in the mountains, we can snow ski, if its the summer, we can foot...

a win-win

JBFOOT, when you go to the hospital and tell them you were skiing, will they ask you if you know you?

will they ask you if you know you? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Perhaps they will....

Edited by JB-FOOT

JBFOOT, when you go to the hospital and tell them you were skiing, will they ask you if you know you?

will they ask you if you know you? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Perhaps they will....

I'm just going to plain bite my tongue here!.. :tease1: but I really don't want to! Lol...