Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I screwed up wake makers ballast

dogs

I added a 900lbs bag to the left rear side of my 2009 VLX and tried it out this weekend. It filled but nothing went into the hard tank. Was able to surf but could not drain the bag. So help me figure out where I messed up. Where are the fill and drain tubes for the hard tanks. I got a picture ( hand drawn) from wake makers on how to add the bag but I must have messed up the hard tanks lines.

Thanks

I recently added the same kit in the same spot. You should have 4 hoses. I'm not sure if they send out the exact same fittings with each kit but this was how mine came.

1. The first hose with the grey check valve. This plugs into the fill line from the ballast pump to the top of the new 900 bag. I think there is a blue collar that says "fill" or something.

2. The second hose has a large black plastic check valve and this is your vent. The check valve should have been installed correctly from WM but you may want to confirm it's "checking" the right way. This one also installs at the top of the new 900 bag and goes out the side of the hull where your old vent from the hard tank was routed.

3. The third hose is a short hose that goes from the bottom of the 900 bag to the hard tank.

4. The forth hose is the longer hose that also goes to the bottom of the 900 bag and then to the hard tank.

That's exactly how mine is laid out and I have no problems with it filling or draining. It actually vacuums out my bag when draining.

On a side note if you haven't already you will want to reinforce your engine panel separator.

• 2 weeks later...