Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

I have to face it...my season is at its END..

Afun

Went out today. Water was nearly empty. Chilly, but not frigid.

Forecast is back up in the upper 80's next weekend. Just in time - my new board arrives Wednesday!

I have about 4-6 more weeks, then I'll have to start thinking about winterizing.

• Like 1

We got out on the lake today. It will probably be the last time this year. Lake was 67, air 77. Supposed to rain tmr and most of the week. I also don't winterized as I have a heater garage too. The boat is sitting ready to go, but I don't see my work schedule and the weather cooperating for much longer this year.

Brought the echelon home to scratch out a few more rides. 1 weekend left for the lsv and that's when I pull it in October. Sad times.. sad times. The summers seem to just fly by these days.

I am not looking forward to winter. I hate it. I am going to try and squeeze 4 or 5 more weekends out of the summer if possible. Don't have much of any other interests besides boating and surfing. Gonna be a challenge to find fun things to do till the season cranks up again.

Went out today. Water was nearly empty. Chilly, but not frigid.

Forecast is back up in the upper 80's next weekend. Just in time - my new board arrives Wednesday!

I have about 4-6 more weeks, then I'll have to start thinking about winterizing.

We typically put the boat away around Halloween. I wont make it every weekend between now and then, but we will make most of them.

I am already looking toward Deer season though...... I missed a chance at a big one last year, my hunting buddy dropped a beautiful mature 9 point and I've got some bigun on camera already..... Plus the weather this weekend has me wanting t obe o nthe woods as much as on the water.

Got to hand it to Afun here.

First it was shirts off and Sperrys, now it's Mama's got a new job and the kid is off to school. Next thing he will tell us is that the leaves are turning. After that it will be a question about whether he will see snowflakes or Santa first.

As for me the half the kids are in college and the other half high school started a few weeks ago.

The question for M&D is, Can we sneak alone more boating day in this time? Always the optimistic hope that the answer will be yes.

Thanks, Afun for popping the question.....

Watch it...I eat bullets and spit magazines...very dangerous over here....I just don't like cold water

I don't like cold water either, but i like not surfing even less. So wetsuit AND wetsuit socks keeps me going. Dies the ninja have a heater? Heater/hot water shower/heater seats makes a huge difference, the only thing is my hands get super cold, i need gloves this winter.

look at it this way instead -

Wife at Work, Kid at School, Find a Boating Partner, then - PAR-TAY

He's not painting the picture very clear... He knows a few people who boat ALL THE TIME.... He just never wants to go... gets in the way of his nap time schedule etc.. :Tease3:

We got out Thursday, Friday and Saturday this weekend. Water was 82 degrees. Felt great and we had the lake to ourselves every day.

It's almost like Afun is slowly going through a change... kind of like Bruce Jenner.... Could it be? :yes:

We were out yesterday...chilly but worth it. Considering doing a week at a lake house at Norris in early October. Last year we can do that as the kiddo starts school next year.

Do it! if the weather holds out you won't need a wetsuit

Football changes everything.....I dont have time for much besides FOOTBALL

Living in the south the lake is DEAD now on Gameday. I love it

C'mon afun, you could make it happen if you didn't want it to end!

True, He lost his passion and is not motivated. Think Al bundy...

Somebody needs to buy afun a wetsuit and a man card

He needs booties too..... don't forget the booties

We went out Saturday, kids skied and wakeboarded then we had to make an emergency run to the marina for a #2 stop, wind had kicked up and the kids were complaining (water too cold to swim etc) so the boat came out of the water and they played outside. Looking at the forecast for next weekend I might be hanging it up early this year as well.

:cry:

Stayed out till 10 pm this past weekend. Lake was EMPTY. We all threw sweatshirts on and just drifted for a few hours. Was great way to say goodbye to summer with some good friends.

Now its time to get the hardcore guys out and just board.