Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stainless prop..........

cjtpilot

I had one on my 205. It had a bit more holeshot than the old 3 blade nibral prop I had so I ran it & never had a problem with it. But I knew the lake I was on & never hit bottom. I would imagine someone into slalom or barefoot would be into it at the right price (cheap).

Aren't the stainless blades pron to comining loose and falling off at high RPM's. That's why I got rid of mine. Now it just sits on the shelf in the garage. Maybe its worth a few $$$ in scrap value.

Exactly. When you hit 'em with stainless, all you see in the water is a little blood, some fresh jerky, and a new briefcase.

Lol...Be sure to send me a briefcase to, mines on it's way out. ...lol.. oh and add some of that Jerky!

So if any of you have wall ornament stainless props that you want to sell, I'm looking for one in very good condition. I would prefer an OJ 13x13 four blade if I can get one, and an OJ three blade next. I would consider a CVP if you have a bunch of really good photos.

So if any of you have wall ornament stainless props that you want to sell, I'm looking for one in very good condition. I would prefer an OJ 13x13 four blade if I can get one, and an OJ three blade next. I would consider a CVP if you have a bunch of really good photos.

really tryin' to mess those sea cows up, huh?

We don't really get them up here. I hear they are better to eat than Bald Eagle, but not as good as Florida Panther.

Drive through the "panther reserve" down in the everglades every year... still haven't seen one.

What is a Florida Panther?, is that a cougar past it's prime? We call those puma's, or the ever so popular snow leapord

Oh, boy, I could go on and on about them. The state insists that very few of them are left in the south end of the state. They look just like cougars, and if the state admitted that the cougars we have up at this end of the state are Florida Panthers, they would lose all of the federal funding they get for recovering the species. The DNR here won't even admit that we have any big cats at all. We have plenty.

What does a 4 blade give you that a 3 blade will not?

More surface area for potentially better hole shot, but that comes along with slightly more drag at top end.

My buddy has one on his Response (as an upgrade at the time of purchase) and it performs very well. He has never removed it from his boat (an '04), so he won't let me try it on mine. He has zero vibration and doesn't want to invite the boogeyman.

I had a SS OJ on my 205 & only the 285 hp Chevy TBI. The boat kept up with my buddies PS190 that had an LT1 in it..... up to maybe 30 mph, then the LT1 walked away from me. The SS prop definitely had a lot better holeshot.

Our group's Sportster has used a SS 4 blade forever; great for the course as well as lots of top end for barefooting (so my buddy tells me - my pain tolerance level does not allow me to participate in that particular water sport).