Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Ride 2016 LSV

whatshesaid

• 2 weeks later...

We just bought a 2016 23 LSV, and the surfband doesn't work at all. Dealer says it could be a module, so I need to bring it in and they will look at it, then order the part. Great, I won't be able to use it until next year.

works in boat, not behind it. Sounds like the receiver needs to be relocated to the rear instead of in the dash? wireless tech has never been a strong point with malibu. My 2014 LSV bluetooth is about on par with my 2008 bluetooth boombox from walmart, has to be synced every time the boat powers up and it can't control songs. By the way, is that fixed in 2016?

Edited by augie09

augie09, in my 2016 23LSV i have to re-synce phones every trip also, but we turn all the power off at Perko swi. When the phone is playing off bluetooth i can not control song change from rear remote. AND THIS IS DUMB! WHY EVEN HAVE BLUETOOTH.

I find it odd that some feature like this would be released without thorough testing. So, you figure at the factory, when they were developing it and testing it on the water, it must have worked fine. Or they would not have released it.

So why do we already have two reports of poor functionality with the production units built for the public?

Or, maybe they were racing against the calendar to release it before Nautique... I said it earlier, the Malibu release video for the surfband looked hastily made and was timed just before Nautique's release.

augie09, in my 2016 23LSV i have to re-synce phones every trip also, but we turn all the power off at Perko swi. When the phone is playing off bluetooth i can not control song change from rear remote. AND THIS IS DUMB! WHY EVEN HAVE BLUETOOTH.

Your bluetooth is streaming through the Viper II box, but the transom remote extends to the BB head unit for the stereo. They cannot communicate in that direction. Until Malibu changes routes the remotes to the Viper Box and has the viper box translate the commands to the BB HU, the remotes will pretty much only control volume and power. I guess 90% of people are streaming their music via bluetooth--Malibu is encouraging this use model with the phone holder and not allowing the USB plug by the phone holder to work for music. It seems silly that they are not rerouting the transom remote to the Viper Box...

works in boat, not behind it. Sounds like the receiver needs to be relocated to the rear instead of in the dash? wireless tech has never been a strong point with malibu. My 2014 LSV bluetooth is about on par with my 2008 bluetooth boombox from walmart, has to be synced every time the boat powers up and it can't control songs. By the way, is that fixed in 2016?

August, you need to order the RF bluetooth dongle. Allows you to change songs via the remotes, and connects every time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BWNRFJ8/ref=pd_aw_sim_422_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=10W93XXX04ZQCAWWNDES

Complete plug and play. Works great on mine.

August, you need to order the RF bluetooth dongle. Allows you to change songs via the remotes, and connects every time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BWNRFJ8/ref=pd_aw_sim_422_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=10W93XXX04ZQCAWWNDES

Complete plug and play. Works great on mine.

I have that RF dongle on my boat as well. When using the RF dongle, it's sound quality isn't as good, the rotary knob on the dash doesn't work to change tracks, and the track info is not displayed on the screen (the latter is a minor issue). But yes, the transom remote can change tracks when using the RF dongle. I've decided it isn't a worth while trade off.

Edited by Cory

We bought the 25LSV - Love the boat compared to my previous 22MXZ. Everything has worked great. The surfband works ok - seems a little slow at times (it has seemed to get better with use strangely), as I have taken more time with it to "press a little longer", see the cluster change as I press, etc.. Not perfect and hoping a few updates clean it up a bit, but it does work and I like being able to change the wake/ speed and transfer myself.

• Like 1

We bought the 25LSV - Love the boat compared to my previous 22MXZ. Everything has worked great. The surfband works ok - seems a little slow at times (it has seemed to get better with use strangely), as I have taken more time with it to "press a little longer", see the cluster change as I press, etc.. Not perfect and hoping a few updates clean it up a bit, but it does work and I like being able to change the wake/ speed and transfer myself.

We need pictures!!