Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A trend?

TCdave

Would love to see that trend come true around here. I will say the people who start earliest in the year and quit the latest are usually skiers on my lake. I can often get people to try slalom skiing and even teach them to get up on a slalom but it's near impossible to get people interested in the course even when I know someone who owns his own lake.

Would love it. I'd love to pick up an old Pro Star or something that'd fit in the garage. Will see if my kids like to ski more as they get older. Now they love to surf, which is a relatively new phenomenon, They still will ski occasionally, but haven't wakeboarded much. Their other activities (competitive swimmers) take up tons of time, so we aren't out a whole lot.

inlandlaker, if you think you'll have guests that want to learn to ski, get a boom. I use mine every time the kids have friends over who want to try. Works great. Just gotta get my son (5) to decide he wants to give it a go.

I'll be 50 in a month and would rather slalom. I still wakeboard some but have not been able to try surfing. I've been slaloming at 30 but will take it up a notch next time out to 32!!!

Damn thing still hurts.

But not keeping me off the water! Lol

Boat at 30... Skier at 50.

*shudder*

You guys are nuts. Ha

Same thing happen to me....but I took it like a champ...not like a cry baby

• Like 1

Ha. On my lake I cheer if I see someone actually holding a rope behind the boat (not surfing) Lots of kids in daddy's boat with team bikini to show off. I do enjoy slalom groups I find in the early mornngs. I get some wtf curious looks when I am barefooting in my MC BF200, then bust out a slalom run to finish my morning. I do wakeboard in the 247 often too. So fun to have a variety of things to pick from. Good thing about fall in MN, surf most surf crews and tubers packed up for winter. I had the lake to myself tonight wakeboarding.

• Like 2

The old saying is still valid: those that can't ski, wakeboard.

It probably is a trend, and I fully support it, but most won't realize it because the skiers are out there at first light and done and off the water before the boarding drunks even wake up.

• Like 4

I'll be 50 in a month and would rather slalom. I still wakeboard some but have not been able to try surfing. I've been slaloming at 30 but will take it up a notch next time out to 32!!!

I'm 60 this year and still love to slalom at 32 mph. Bring on Summer! :)

Love this thread!

p.s. the most I ever hurt myself was catching an edge on a wakeboard a few years ago - wicked face plant. Haven't bothered with the wakeboard since!

Edited by GreenMan
  • Like 2

Definitely not a trend and here's why. The fat old guys that can actually afford a 130k boat aren't gonna be able to get up on a ski, but can surf all day long!

Hey, I'm a fat old guy at 60 and have no trouble with my Radar Vice!

Edited by GreenMan