Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat leaning under power?

I am new to the forum and was looking for advice. I have a new to me, 2004 Malibu Sunscape 25 lsv. It is in excellent condition with less that 200 hrs. The boat leans or lists to the right during acceleration and at cruising speed. Passenger side is 8-12 inches above the driver side. It takes three people on the passenger side to balance the boat to make even. The only weight on the driver side that is not on the passenger side are the two batteries. There are no ballast bags or tanks in the boat and no water in bilge or ski well. The boat sits perfectly level while floating with no people in the boat. The boat pulls slightly to the left. Gorilla skags are straight. Malibu dealer could not give any reason and stated I should put some sand bags in the passenger side. I spoke with previous owner and he stated the boat had always done this and he was told it was the torque from the prop.

Could this be from the prop?

Boat design?

My next step was to add ballast bags to the rear with a switch on the dash and utilize this for surfing and also as a trim tab to balance the boat. This would be a band aid, but still not right. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

Edited by 920274

Bill, his boat only leans when under power. If he weights down one side then it will be listed when not moving. Is yours like that too? I think there's a hook on the passenger side of the hull. That would cause it to list when under power, but not at idle.

Maybe the OP could try another prop, or try his prop on another boat.

Edited by JasonK

Bill, his boat only leans when under power. If he weights down one side then it will be listed when not moving. Is yours like that too? I think there's a hook on the passenger side of the hull. That would cause it to list when under power, but not at idle.

Maybe the OP could try another prop, or try his prop on another boat.

Mine sits pretty flat at idle, even with the passenger side weighted.

Yeper I run approximately 85 pounds of water and have the battery on the left side. I also keep other things like tools anchor on the left side so may be 100 ponds of weight to keep the boat flat. if we don't have an observer. My boat an 07 R LXI.

My ski buds 99 SS LXI runs flat with just a driver. Some of our boats are very sensitive. Prop rotation is a big factor on lighter boats.

I have paid the subscription but haven't mastered the art of posting pics.... No damage underneath. Boat and running gear in good shape. The only thing that I noted was the gorilla fins seem to be at an odd angle. I am told they are not supposed to be in line. These are not. They are each angled in a slightly different direction.