Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SOMEONE'S BAD WEEKEND

BMonnin

I read the topic on TT. Someone made the observation, where's the rudder and prop??? There are definitely going to be some minor scratches on the hull. Maybe they put the anchor out in case the water level came up before they could rescue it?

Edited by NCVride

I just saw that boat at norris a few weeks ago and yelled from the dock to the owner that it was one of the most beautiful boats I have ever seen! Gorgeous X46. That is a tragedy.

My buddy has a place at norris. His neighbor has a MC and grounded it too...ripped all the running gear off it. Luckily close to the dock and was able to swim it to shore and onto the trailer. It was at night and I am pretty sure a large dose of Jack n Coke played a major role in his problem. Alcohol + dark + Low Norris Water Level = Disaster for your Inboard. Be safe peeps.

-- Mike

IF alcohol was involved, then my sympathy evaporates. Interesting to note that when stuff like this happens it gets widely disseminated to the world and the perp gets repeatedly beat over the head. Never drink and boat again? Doubt it, but that will be for next season for this guy.

I hear MC designed a CBAS- Clean Break Away System for 2016+ MCs to better suit their clientelles' needs, and to protect the heaviest hulls in the industry. Allows the skeg fin, prop shaft and rudder to break away much easier at engineered perforations to prevent fiberglass damage, and they have a weekend saver kit available for owners to keep on their boats to bolt the new hardware on in minutes.

#gamechanger

#leavetheaveragejoebehind

You gotta know this is a joke at this point.

• Like 2

I too saw that boat out the day before... A BEAUTIFUL boat indeed. It definitely happened at night. The next morning the boat was there and nobody was around. There was no blood on the interior... so that's good. I have a bunch of pics I will upload for y'all.

I hear MC designed a CBAS- Clean Break Away System for 2016+ MCs to better suit their clientelles' needs, and to protect the heaviest hulls in the industry. Allows the skeg fin, prop shaft and rudder to break away much easier at engineered perforations to prevent fiberglass damage, and they have a weekend saver kit available for owners to keep on their boats to bolt the new hardware on in minutes.

#gamechanger

#leavetheaveragejoebehind

You gotta know this is a joke at this point.

Interesting indeed.

I thought MCs new tech/ game changer was fins, rudder, and prop that retract into the hull once the engine is shut off.

reminds me.

This guy ignored the Nav buoys where we ride all the time. Most of the people I ride with were there to witness the extraction but I missed out. This is a Sanger and apparently the tracking fin was pushed up through the bottom of the hull.

IMAG0533.jpg