Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

SOMEONE'S BAD WEEKEND

BMonnin

lots of groundings this past weekend, sad and gut wrenching stories. Some very close to our home. Just hope everyone is able to recover.

i am more and more convinced my boat motor needs to power down at sunset and not come on again until sunrise.

• Like 3

Wow, that is not a grounding! That is a beaching! Other than being on an unfamiliar lake at night with no moon, how does one even get into that position??

That's why I only drive at night in areas I'm super familiar with. And always have the GPS pulled up to make sure, in a moment of dumb, that I don't run into an island that I've gone around 1,000 times before.

Evening cruises can be super fun if done right. There are some awesome homes with hella landscape lighting.