Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Wedge Issue?

asnowman

Has anyone had an issue with their power wedge settling or dropping when its not actively in use?

The last few weeks it seems that the wedge has moved from the stowed position to a state of not fully stowed while we ski, or while it sits at the dock, less so while the boat is on the mooring, but still a little.

The wedge also has some wiggle to it when i try to figure out if something has come loose or is broken, moves up and down maybe three eighths of an inch.

I am afraid this is maybe the beginning of actuator failure, but it does move correctly when engaged. hopefully i'm missing something, and its not an actuator failure.

I have a 2010 247 with 400 hours. My wedge stays in place when stowed, but when I use it at 3/4 down position it does not stay in the same place. Because of this, i have not been using my wedge much. Also, when I do use it, I am afraid that it is not going to return to the stowed position. I have to move it to the lowest position, then move it up or else it will not return to the stowed position. It probably is time to take in in to get it checked out.

On my '10 even after I correctly adjusted it, I still have about that much upward movement in the stowed position. And IIRC, "my wedge" could not be adjusted all of the way up so there would be no upward movement, the adjustment bolts would not allow it. As far as it dropping, I would try to do a reset on the wedge and then adjust it to the "all of the way up/stowed/200 percent position" on the wedge bracket and see if it continues to drop. If so most likely it is going to be the actuators.