Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Color scheme VLX 22 - 2016

smooky

Ok, it looks like people like the green as well.

So I did three new color scheme. I know it is the VTX, but it is the closest boat to the VLX for the gel design and it has the new color available on the configurator, and also it has the G3 tower, and I will not go for the G4 tower. So I think we can have a better idea about how it will look then.

So :

1) Which one do you prefer and why ?

2) What do you think about the black and white tower ? White is going to be a pain to keep it clean ?

3) How will be the resale value with the green over years ? Good or bad ?

Thanks for your comments

Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202015-09-11%

Edited by smooky

So :

Thanks for your comments

1) Which one do you prefer and why ? - I like the 2 above the best. Just not a huge fan on Green. Vapor blue is bright and fun, darker blue is timeless and classy

2) What do you think about the black and white tower ? White is going to be a pain to keep it clean ? I have a white tower on my Axis and honestly think it's easier to keep clean. It doesn't show water spots like my black one did on my previous boat. That said, I don't tow my boat very often. It is kept on a hoist during the summer. If you are towing everytime you use it and sometimes at dusk, that might be a different factor. Anytime I have had bugs on the tower, they have come right off with a soft bristle boat brush and some lake water.

3) How will be the resale value with the green over years ? Good or bad ? I think there will always be a market for it. It is a great looking boat.

I personally prefer the tower to be black. To me, the white is a bit bright, and makes the boat look less sleek and well proportioned. The black almost gets overlooked, which helps the boat look long and trim. Just me, of course. I still personally prefer the more subtle colors. Bright colors are great when boats are new, but I can imagine they'd wear on you over time, unless you are one to flip boats frequently. I also am concerned about how dated they'd look. Think about how dated the tribal graphic schemes look nowadays. Wasn't that the big thing only 6-7 years ago?

I also am concerned about how dated they'd look. Think about how dated the tribal graphic schemes look nowadays. Wasn't that the big thing only 6-7 years ago?

Could one say the same thing about non-white hulls? White hulls were pretty much the standard for 30+ years. The "trend" now is colored. I wonder how we will view that in 15 years... at least you can peel off a tribal graphic.

I'm not going to kid you smoky....those blue colored are going to get lost in the shuffle....at least on Norris. I've seen so many with similar color schemes.

The green reflects off the water so nicely...I'm a fan! I also like the way you went all non-metallic grey with grey tower in the last post. Kind of like batman....

All of them are nice boats

Please take photos and post them please :woot:​ It is the interior I want (except I'll swam light graphite and moonbeam as you mentioned), so it would be nice to have a better idea how it is in real. Configurator sucks :crazy: to get an idea about the colors....

Sorry this took so long. Didn't get out last weekend, but had to today, so I got a few pictures. Plan to go back out tomorrow for the remainder of the weekend, if these aren't good.

20150918_085538_zpsmq6z5va2.jpg20150918_085555_zpsebfaxamn.jpg

20150918_085512_zpshljevwpx.jpg

20150918_085733_zpsbt6vi2hq.jpg

Sorry this took so long. Didn't get out last weekend, but had to today, so I got a few pictures. Plan to go back out tomorrow for the remainder of the weekend, if these aren't good.

20150918_085538_zpsmq6z5va2.jpg20150918_085555_zpsebfaxamn.jpg

20150918_085512_zpshljevwpx.jpg

20150918_085733_zpsbt6vi2hq.jpg

Great. Now I m sure about the inside :-)