Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Color scheme VLX 22 - 2016

smooky

i would NOT do a white bottom hull gets way to dirty at least in our neck of the woods all it takes is 24-48hrs of the boat left in the water sometimes over night and the hull needs cleaned as its visually scummed , at least with black its much less noticeable /

His membership information and his posting picture has a VLX 2014 listed? That is why I asked.

Oh I could be wrong. I thought I remember him taking delivery of a VTX.

Wouldn't a black hull show more than white? Not saying I wouldn't do it just would have to know you are going to clean a bit more v

Edited by ahopkinsTXi

Btw if you don't order number two and by some crazy chance is hell we order a 2016 vtx, can I use number two? :)

Order it as you want :-) I have no problem if you take number two and I more than happy if I helped you to find the good color scheme for you.

Edited by smooky

Smooky,

Can you tell us why you want to change from your 2014 to a 2016?

More freeboard, bigger boat, new dashboard, bigger surfgate, PW2, and the joy of buying something new and do it as I want it to be :-) and a bit for the surf band even if it will maybe stick in the gloves box as I m not totally convinced. But who knows.

And I have a 2014 VLX at the moment.

Edited by smooky

21278900275_07c700f43a_z.jpg2016 Malibu Boats Wakesetter 23 LSV by Mason Obray, on Flickr

Carpet: Sterling (Gator Step soon)

Cushion Bead: Dark Blue

Cushion Panel: Dark Blue

Dash Accent: Black

Dash Main: Black

Interior Accent 1: Dark Blue

Interior Accent 2: Moonbeam

Interior Base: Moonbeam

Interior Main: White

Thread Color: Dark Blue

Moonbeam base and accent ? I'm surprised, it looks darker

Edited by smooky

Okay guys, so it looks like preferences are for number 1 and 2 .

According to your feedback, proposition, what do you think about these schemes :

Capture%20drsquoeacutecran%202015-09-10%

Edited by smooky

The metal flake is MUCH less prominent than I had expected. It is more like metallic, but there is a little more color in it. Here is the actual boat (on the day I took delivery.....hence the mess)

20150624_164617_zpsvlymmx89.jpg

How is your inside ? Color, etc ?

Thanks

More freeboard, bigger boat, new dashboard, bigger surfgate, PW2, and the joy of buying something new and do it as I want it to be :-) and a bit for the surf band even if it will maybe stick in the gloves box as I m not totally convinced. But who knows.

And I have a 2014 VLX at the moment.

OK, I understand. About 2 weeks ago I test drove and surfed behind a 2015 22 VLX, thinking that I wanted cabin space that was a little larger than my 20 MXZ. When I was in the 22 VLX, it didn't feel to me like it was a big enough difference in size alone to spend the money to change. However, I did like the new dash. I liked the Zero Off cruise. I really liked the PW2, it really did shape the wave. I thought the surf wave on the 22 VLX was a bit better than my 20 MXZ, but not enough that is would be the only reason to change. The wake view seating is OK, but the leg room is short on the drivers side. In 2016 the engine will be closed cooling and a 5 year warranty, so that is good.

What I did not like about the 22 VLX was , no anchor compartment in the bow and the space they made for the Igloo cooler is NOT designed to actually fit the Igloo cooler, as it is in my boat.

Being impressed with the Zero Off cruise, I bought the parts and added GPS cruise to my boat and now the speed control at surf speeds is MUCH better.

I might being looking at a 23 LSV in the future.

OK, I understand. About 2 weeks ago I test drove and surfed behind a 2015 22 VLX, thinking that I wanted cabin space that was a little larger than my 20 MXZ. When I was in the 22 VLX, it didn't feel to me like it was a big enough difference in size alone to spend the money to change. However, I did like the new dash. I liked the Zero Off cruise. I really liked the PW2, it really did shape the wave. I thought the surf wave on the 22 VLX was a bit better than my 20 MXZ, but not enough that is would be the only reason to change. The wake view seating is OK, but the leg room is short on the drivers side. In 2016 the engine will be closed cooling and a 5 year warranty, so that is good.

What I did not like about the 22 VLX was , no anchor compartment in the bow and the space they made for the Igloo cooler is NOT designed to actually fit the Igloo cooler, as it is in my boat.

Being impressed with the Zero Off cruise, I bought the parts and added GPS cruise to my boat and now the speed control at surf speeds is MUCH better.

I might being looking at a 23 LSV in the future.

Well LSV is a bit out of my budget, and it is too big for my docking. The 22 VLX is just at the size limit :-)

Ok so we are still on number 1 and 2. Except if somebody comes with something nicer I guess we have a winner (just have to decide which blue I prefer)

Concerning the color scheme of number 1 and 2, I took it from this boat which I really love, but I'm not sure green will keep resale value over years. So blue seems to be a safer choice.

22-vlx-2015_zpsugqygn03.jpg

Edited by smooky

Of your options #2 is my favorite. There is nice contrast between the vapor blue and black. That boat is more likely to pop on the water compared to the dark blue. Our next boat will likely be vapor blue and black.

Guess I never opined, but I like OPtion 1 (no surprise, I'm sure). The dark blue is more classy and timeless. Doesn't pop like the vapor blue, but instead is more elegant.

Will try to get some pictures of the interior this weekend when I'm back at the lakehouse. Here are some screen grabs from the PDF from when I built it. Going back, I'd do three thigns differently - black beading rather than blue, and I'd swam the light graphite and moonbeam on the interior to try to make it a little less hot.

temp2_zpsnzajdv37.png

temp1_zpskjyihiyi.png

Guess I never opined, but I like OPtion 1 (no surprise, I'm sure). The dark blue is more classy and timeless. Doesn't pop like the vapor blue, but instead is more elegant.

Will try to get some pictures of the interior this weekend when I'm back at the lakehouse. Here are some screen grabs from the PDF from when I built it. Going back, I'd do three thigns differently - black beading rather than blue, and I'd swam the light graphite and moonbeam on the interior to try to make it a little less hot.

temp2_zpsnzajdv37.png

Please take photos and post them please :woot:​ It is the interior I want (except I'll swam light graphite and moonbeam as you mentioned), so it would be nice to have a better idea how it is in real. Configurator sucks :crazy: to get an idea about the colors....

Edited by smooky