Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Low Coolant level on my LS3

I'm getting ready to do my winterizing this year. We put 82 hrs on our new 2015 LS3--that's a great year for us. I noticed my coolant is low. The engine is cold and the coolant is well below the min level mark. On the trailer, there is only a little in the reservoir. I'd guess I need 1/3 Qt to fill back up to the min level mark. The bilge is clean and dry as far as I can see. Is it normal for a new engine to consume this much coolant over 80 hrs of use? It was at the min level mark when the cold engine was new at 0.7 hrs.

What name brand should I use to top it off? I know it's propylene glycol that I need, but I'd like to use the same stuff the factory put in there. It appears to be green. Any recommendations where to buy a quarts worth of it?

I wouldn't worry too much about the brand, just make sure the colors match. Some product labels say you can mix them others say not too, I'm pretty sure any auto parts store can sell you a gallon of premixed.

I wouldn't worry too much about the brand, just make sure the colors match. Some product labels say you can mix them others say not too, I'm pretty sure any auto parts store can sell you a gallon of premixed.

Compatibility between coolants is a big issue these days. Color isn't an indicator of compatibility. Ex. Toyota and Dodge both have red coolants but should not be mixed.

I would be inclined to research the correct coolant and use that only.

My hunch would be that the coolant is GM dexcool for your engine Cory. BICBW, you should look it up.

Compatibility between coolants is a big issue these days. Color isn't an indicator of compatibility. Ex. Toyota and Dodge both have red coolants but should not be mixed.

I would be inclined to research the correct coolant and use that only.

My hunch would be that the coolant is GM dexcool for your engine Cory. BICBW, you should look it up.

Interesting, Aluminum blocks?