Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response LXI entire windshield apparatus has to be replaced due to break in the frame? Really? 2000plus$$

Sdeloney

2k+

Insight anyone

Thx

Told 2007 model not available anymore so in addition to the cost, no guarantees the next years model can properly be retrofitted

Edited by Sdeloney

What is the best way to go in having my 2007 response LXI windshield glass and frame replaced?

Since Malibu no longer makes that part and I've been told that the next years part "maybe" can be retrofitted, I'm not sure what to do.

I'm looking for advice

ahopkins22LSV

I am stretching my knowledge here but I want to say that nothing changed between the 07-11 LXi and the TXi 12+ for the upper deck. Soooooo, the TXi windshield should fit. Maybe Peter who posted earlier can confirm?

I can believe the cost. I think just the center walk through section is $500ish.

The original part was a Pacific Coast unit. There are a few windshields out there from Pacific Coast if you want to replace it with original, but as mentioned above I would expect a current TXI windshields to fit the profile. I can look and see what we have available when I'm at the shop.

Edit / Addition : Looks like we have 2 ports and 2 starboard PCMW windshields for the '07 era of Response LXi's. No center doors.

Peter

Edited by SmoothWaterMan
  • 3 years later...

My post is mostly directed to Smooth Water Man as he mentions he could check his shop for windshield parts.

I am looking at a Malibu Response LXi 2005 BUT the starboard/ driver's side windshield is completely gone.

Tower fell on the windshield.

If I knew I could get the part and know the cost - I think I would pull the trigger.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, goingboating said:

My post is mostly directed to Smooth Water Man as he mentions he could check his shop for windshield parts.

I am looking at a Malibu Response LXi 2005 BUT the starboard/ driver's side windshield is completely gone.

Tower fell on the windshield.

If I knew I could get the part and know the cost - I think I would pull the trigger.

Thank you.

2005 LXi is different from the 2007.  The TXI windscreen won't fit it.  You're going to have your work cut out for you sourcing that part I'm afraid.

A reminder guys, I don't get on here much anymore so it's best to email me directly.

I probably have a used (good) starboard windshield for a Response, Sunsetter, Sunsetter Lxi in the 99-05/06 realm.

I also have some 07- Lxi windshields for both sides.

Peter

• 4 years later...
On 9/19/2018 at 1:09 PM, SmoothWaterMan said:

A reminder guys, I don't get on here much anymore so it's best to email me directly.

I probably have a used (good) starboard windshield for a Response, Sunsetter, Sunsetter Lxi in the 99-05/06 realm.

I also have some 07- Lxi windshields for both sides.

Peter

I ran across this post by accident, I need a starboard windshield for a 2002 sunsetter Lxi. PLEASE HELP!! Thankyou!

16 hours ago, Johnnyq2 said:

I ran across this post by accident, I need a starboard windshield for a 2002 sunsetter Lxi. PLEASE HELP!! Thankyou!

Pacific Coast has the capability to make a new one. Buckle up though - my 05 Lxi port side was $2k. Luckily it was covered by SkiSafe.

• 7 months later...
On 2/21/2023 at 11:25 AM, Royalto3rd said:

Pacific Coast has the capability to make a new one. Buckle up though - my 05 Lxi port side was $2k. Luckily it was covered by SkiSafe.

I just found my 05 LXI port side broken today. I was just looking at Pacific Coast website. Do you remember the Malibu part number or the Pacific Coast part number?   I also found a place in Canada called Flex A Fab that can make them but they are not glass. Just wondering if you had heard or checked into them when you were checking around. 

Thanks for any info

Dave