Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Labor Day 2015 pics

Bill_AirJunky

Also spent the weekend on Entiat. Boat spent way too much time in the slip and not enough pulling riders due to weather and other reasons. Still had fun with it, especially yesterday. don't have any pics though

Ouch! Hope it recovers soon and well. :)

Yeah, my wife and her medical googling skills found it's called an "ulnar nerve contusion." That's a fancy term for "smacked the ish outta my funny bone." I'm normally a pretty tough guy, bleeding, bumped, bruised... doesn't matter, I'm still gonna play hard. But this time, when my wife asked me if I broke it I was like "you know... I actually might have - I really don't know yet cause I can't use my arm."

Supposedly takes up to 6 weeks to heal sometimes and for the pain to go away. I'm hoping for much faster than that. lmao

But hey, at least it's not broken!

Still rode the rest of the weekend too. I just couldn't use my right arm to get up on the swim platform. haha

Edited by ibelonginprison

coolest thing, a huge mature bald eagle pirched up on a tree watching us wakesurf for an hour.... the FAE really throws a huge 1/4mile? trail of exhaust and causes fish to jump from the millions of tiny bubbles it leaves.

I look back and the eagle swooped down into the bubble trail and snagged a fish. Went back up to his perch, ate it and continued watching us surf.

That's mother truckin' American right there...

That's Pigeon Cove Lake Anna, first cove north of the 208 bridge on the east side. Big water sports area.

We've seen him there 2 other times this summer, once with another bald eagle. That tree line he is sitting in is a state park, so it should be protected forever. Would like to hope there's a nest nearby with some eggs or chicks in it.

Truly the highlight of the day. Huge bird, 4-6ft? wingspan.

thaaaaaaat looks like it might have required a beer during recovery. Had my own little mishap. Went down off a surfboard, spun around and put my arms up to keep the board from hitting my face (like I always do when I fall, just in case)Glad I did it. The board slammed my elbow, on the "funny bone." Couldn't actually use my arm for anything until the next day, had zero grip. lolIMG_6565_zpssssppz0h.jpg

Same contusion same area for me

Had a good Labor day weekend as well. Did some hiking locally and some boarding on Monday. I have no proof but it is rumored that I landed 3 back-rolls on a row on Monday.

• Like 2

Glad you all had great weekends! We were on the water 7am Saturday morning, not another boat around for an hour. about 9-10 it got rolly but still great, 6 boats all day, winds came at 1pm & we were tired & done anyway. Here's 9am Sat morning!

beer_zpsuyjseol8.jpg

• Like 1

thaaaaaaat looks like it might have required a beer during recovery. Had my own little mishap. Went down off a surfboard, spun around and put my arms up to keep the board from hitting my face (like I always do when I fall, just in case)Glad I did it. The board slammed my elbow, on the "funny bone." Couldn't actually use my arm for anything until the next day, had zero grip. lolIMG_6565_zpssssppz0h.jpg

That is insane, I had the exact same injury except more bruising on inside or my bicep to match,,,, elbow looks identical

Glad to hear I am not the only one that does this! Here's to a quick recovery ! :beer:

thaaaaaaat looks like it might have required a beer during recovery.

Had my own little mishap. Went down off a surfboard, spun around and put my arms up to keep the board from hitting my face (like I always do when I fall, just in case)

Glad I did it. The board slammed my elbow, on the "funny bone." Couldn't actually use my arm for anything until the next day, had zero grip. lol

IMG_6565_zpssssppz0h.jpg

Edited by DUKENO1

Also spent the weekend on Entiat. Boat spent way too much time in the slip and not enough pulling riders due to weather and other reasons. Still had fun with it, especially yesterday. don't have any pics though

We definitely had to work at finding good water on Saturday and Sunday. Usually found it north of town. Then Monday it was awesome anywhere we went.... Spent most of that day down by Turtle Rock.

Dinner Saturday night at Marcellas in Chelan. Awesome Mexican restaurant.