Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Has any of u Made a Tonneau Cover for your Bow Rider?

Dwayne

Not a bad idea...if you carry crazy amount of weight up there. I've seen one with the sun logo on it. I would imagine you need the button snaps on your hull...and that I do not like

Ya! I'm not fond of the button snaps either

My boat came with a beat up old cover on it, and when we did the interior I had them make one out of the same red fabric. We do not have the slide-in wind screen, so we put the bow cover on for cold/windy days. No pic though.

I think it makes a big difference, and looks pretty good.

My boat came with a beat up old cover on it, and when we did the interior I had them make one out of the same red fabric. We do not have the slide-in wind screen, so we put the bow cover on for cold/windy days. No pic though.

I think it makes a big difference, and looks pretty good.

Those cold windy days are chilly,Thats why i was thinking of one for my boat

• Like 1

the twister one is genius.

I've considered doing something that slipped over the nose, then strapped to the handrails, just in case I nose through one of my own rollers without paying attention.

But I so rarely ever do it that it's not worth the effort.

@Dwayne: our boat has a snap on bow cover, snaps under the bow rails so barely noticeable. Nice to have on the cool days, keeps a lot of cold air from coming through the opening on a walk through, not applicable to a step over design.

• Like 1

the twister one is genius.

I've considered doing something that slipped over the nose, then strapped to the handrails, just in case I nose through one of my own rollers without paying attention.

But I so rarely ever do it that it's not worth the effort.

So you realize that what will happen if you chili dip with the bow cover on, the water just keeps coming all the way over the windshield & dumps in your lap. :rofl:

• Like 3

Well, not exactly on the water over the windshield, that's probably only if you dip it REALLY bad. I've had the bow cover on and had water go up to the windshield and then roll off well before working its way up the glass. Probably 5 gallons of water that would have otherwise gone into the boat and soaked everything on the floor from bow to stern. It was a really choppy day out and I had the bow cover on to stay warmer. We were surfing and while at idle someone else's wake came my way and I could not react with a rider in the water.

So you realize that what will happen if you chili dip with the bow cover on, the water just keeps coming all the way over the windshield & dumps in your lap. :rofl:

I dont think the wife would like that! Lol!

I don't know about you, but I'd have to tryyyyyyy to dip myself that badly. lol

Then again - this is _me_ we're talking about. If anyone would find a way.............

I don't know about you, but I'd have to tryyyyyyy to dip myself that badly. lol

Then again - this is _me_ we're talking about. If anyone would find a way.............

On my 205, there was no trying to do it to make it happen, especially weighted down. I can't even recall how many stereo head units we had on that boat from chili dipping it.

A few weeks ago I was out with a bunch of guys on a friend's 23LSV. I was the driver. One of the guys refused to get in the water "You can't make me" kind of thing. He's a blast to hang out with, but a sissy about the water. He weighs in around 225. So eventually he goes up front and he sits in the point right behind the bow light, and his 16 year old 175lb son sits right next to him. And we are surfing. He-he-he.....at the next dropped rider I turn into the rollers and take two huge ones over the bow. The first one soaked them, with that surprised look, and the second one drenched them and chased them up to the windshield. It was very well done. I wanna say that the bow went down halfway thru the handrails, it was my best one ever.

• Like 2

I've wanted to do a diverting wing on the front, kind of a riser around half the front. Only a couple inches high attached behind the cushions. Hard to describe but would aid in diverting water out of the bow.

I've wanted to do a diverting wing on the front, kind of a riser around half the front. Only a couple inches high attached behind the cushions. Hard to describe but would aid in diverting water out of the bow.

Look at the Twister cover.... the 4 bolts on the front. I'm thinking maybe a hook of some kind that secures the front. Then held in the back with a tie down of some kind? Mine would need to be a bit to either side where the openings in the combing pads are located. Would probably vary from boat to boat based on the bow interior layout.

The issue would be that the cover is big & cumbersome & not easily stored on the boat. Maybe hinging it in the middle would allow & it be folded in half. And easily opened to access for storage underneath.

Looking at the twister platform, it doesn't have the grab handles on top. I wonder if they used the holes that mount the handles to bolt it down.

Vrides don't have the top handles...their down inside. Not sure if that boat is a Vride or VLX.