Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

05 lsv MLS tanks reversed

So tonight I was replacing my fill pump for my center ballast and found that on my dash display it showed my front tank filling and my center tank empty (when I was actually filling my center tank)... I've owned the boat since last fall but I guess I have always just filled them all up so never really noticed the display had the front and center tanks reversed. Is there a way to correct this? I assume it is something plugged in backwards but I don't know where to start.

• 1 year later...

Both of my center and front fill pumps are located within inches of each other. The electrical plugs at the pumps probably just got swapped for what ever reason. I would check that first before I pulled out the wire cutters.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, wdr said:

Both of my center and front fill pumps are located within inches of each other. The electrical plugs at the pumps probably just got swapped for what ever reason. I would check that first before I pulled out the wire cutters.

That should have nothing to do with the sensors and what's being displayed.

12 hours ago, Ndawg12 said:

That should have nothing to do with the sensors and what's being displayed.

True, providing that what he thinks is the front or center tanks or pumps are the actual the ones he is dealing with. I can see the pumps not working, or incorrect levels being displayed or having issues with the pumps priming been there! The computer getting a mind of its own and swapping positions not likely. I would be more inclined to believe a wire swap seeing how he was replacing things before a drastic computer issue. 

On 10/9/2016 at 10:52 AM, wdr said:

True, providing that what he thinks is the front or center tanks or pumps are the actual the ones he is dealing with. I can see the pumps not working, or incorrect levels being displayed or having issues with the pumps priming been there! The computer getting a mind of its own and swapping positions not likely. I would be more inclined to believe a wire swap seeing how he was replacing things before a drastic computer issue. 

No, I'm saying someone else may have wrongly swapped them ooorrrr I don't think it's a stretch to suggest they may have been incorrectly installed from the factory :whistle: 

Got it. I am still amazed at some of the sloppy (plunge cutting a square hole in the floor for the port vent hole behind the batteries) and moronic assembly practice (not predrilling and chamfering a hole prior to running screws in to deck and gunnels to avoid spider cracking) on my new boat, that at the time was a going for $65K+.

5 hours ago, Ndawg12 said:

No, I'm saying someone else may have wrongly swapped them ooorrrr I don't think it's a stretch to suggest they may have been incorrectly installed from the factory :whistle: 

The center and front tanks on my 2008 were wired/swapped incorrectly from the factory install but the original never noticed the difference.