Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Spedometer not working at times

Went out cruising a bit today noticed digital spedometer was showing 0 and analog was as well YES I know it's all digital ... but both showing 0mph then at one point digital juat started working and analog didn't and vise versa. Anyone had this issue? I did a gauge test from setup screen and it seemed to pass that test.

Maliview issue?

Has happened many times, and only when the lake has a bunch of drift wood.

I think it's because something gets stuck in the paddle wheel. Usually a couple time of going reverse and forward will get it working.

i'll check paddle wheel and see if there is some gunk there thanks! going in and out is what was strange. but that makes sense lots of gunk from the holidays all turned up on the lake.

Edited by The Hulk

So went out and can't surf now spedo is way outta wack and wedge will never remember programed position. No matter what I do it goes where it wants

Time to take her out... non functional

Glad I got 3 surf runs in this season at least! $@!#! $#! $!!

sorry wasnt thinking on that one, i mean is that fast enough and how does it compare to the standard Malibu one which i think is ZO? for like $1k or something?

whats the sample rate on the paddle wheel ?

Edited by The Hulk

Looks like ZO is only 5Hz

https://www.zerogps.com/product/zero-gps-antenna

Not sure what the option is for 2013, for my 2012 it isn't ZO, it is a Malibu module for around $400.

As for the paddlewheel, there wouldn't really be a sample rate per se since it is just sending pulses on the line (per revolution I assume) and the Nautilogic module simulates the paddlewheel by converting the GPS speed info to stream of pulses.

does anyone report one being better than the other? and would that have anything to do with the 5hz vs 10hz?

ZO as i understand would allow you to switch between GPS and Paddle wheel, while the NL4 replaces the paddle wheel signal all together

is there any instance you would want to use paddle wheel vs gps or vs versa having ability to switch in your opinion?