Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu 22 VLX vs Malibu 23 LSV at a 22 VLX vs a 23 LSV.

WSW322312

Am looking at a 22 VLX vs a 23 LSV. Will mainly be used by my wife and I with occasional use by my daughter and her college friends. Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Pretty similar boats if you're looking new. That 23 is the brass ring for a lot of us around here. For me the 22 is a little easier to store, tow, etc. so that's my lean. But that 23 would be just a little more impressive from the wave if you are a surfer... and a little more comfortable for a large crew. Pretty simple trade offs if you aren't talking dollars!

My buddy has the lsv and I have the 22 vlx. Both setup the same and the surf waves are so close it would be hard to tell the difference. I would say the deciding factors are:

Vlx if

- you want to spend a little less

- want tighter turn radius

- easier to maneuver

Lsv if

- you want more interior seating space

- slightly better ride in chop

- storage area is no issue

Hello,

I just bought a 22vlx a week ago. We had it out for 4 days over the weeekend. Put 20 hours on it and have to regrets. We had 6 adults and 2 kids on the boat . I wish I would have ordered the surf storage over the bimini top. We had 3 surf boards and 3 wake boards, and now lloking at buying 2 more racks or upgrading the bimini. Pricing the 23 lsv with the same options was about 9k more. I came from a 2005 SAN and have no regrets buying the malibu. I wish I would have this boat sooner. Good luck. Either way you can't go wrong.

I have a 2012 21vlx as of right now. I took a 2016 23lsv for a rip and I was suprised how well it handled. I was expecting less but was way better then ever thought. The 450 motor is also a big helper when it is full of water and people. I say the 23 works best for us because we always seem to have lots of people with us.