Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What is this part?

I have a fitting on both valves covers with a hose attached. I assume the one on the right side of the engine (the left photo) is the pcv valve. What is the other one?

post-7974-0-08673700-1441657845_thumb.jp

post-7974-0-02812300-1441657879_thumb.jp

Edited by Soon2BV

I guess the pic. on the left is the actual PCV valve and the pic on the right looks like just a right angle plastic fitting. I don't remember my boat having two lines running off the valve covers and to the intake. I also don't know why your 08 sunscape has that flame arrestor that it does. It can't be carb'd?

I guess the pic. on the left is the actual PCV valve and the pic on the right looks like just a right angle plastic fitting. I don't remember my boat having two lines running off the valve covers and to the intake. I also don't know why your 08 sunscape has that flame arrestor that it does. It can't be carb'd?

i've got the spark arrestor in the pix on my '04 mpfi lcr

Yes, a line from each valve cover.

The photo on the left is the PCV valve, and the hose connects below the throttle body.

The photo on the right is the unknown/unnamed part, ad that hose is clamped next to the spark arrestor / intake filter but it is not a hard connect between the hose opening and the spark arrestor, there is an air space there.