Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Avoided the Crazies...Waxed the Boat

Anderson24

The best thing about this holiday is that it marks the time of year when so many folks put their boats up for the year. Best skiing around here is the day after labor day till you can't stand having your feet turn blue!

• Like 3

Boat looks awesome! Weather looked iffy but we decided to go anyway. Glad we did.

Saturday was pretty empty......clouds kept people away I guess!! Got another new boarder up on her first try! I am 4 for 4 this summer. Sunday was gorgeous and packed but got some early morning skiing and boarding in and then some more boarding on glass between 7pm and dark. Today didn't get on the water till 10am...expected the worst, but then found a cove all to ourselves! Weather was great again but I can sadly feel the hint of fall approaching in the air. :(

All in all was a great weekend. When it got busy we just floated around the dock listening to tunes and making fun of the drunk neighbors, lol.

What products did you use?

Thanks everyone. I religiously use Boat Bling Hot Sauce and Vinyl Sauce after each outing, so the boat was in pretty good shape. I ended up using some Meguiar's Flagship boat wax and applied and removed by hand (microfiber). I wasn't prepared to do a full sealant/wax job with a DA orbiter, since I haven't purchased one yet. But I imagine that time is coming soon enough (maybe to start next summer). Here in Arizona I ride all winter long, so this is just a little "middle of the season" tune up.

Happy Labor Day everyone. Well, as the title suggests, I skipped out on the lake today and decided to detail/wax the boat. Thanks to the crew for all of the detailing tips I have read over the past few days. Hope everyone has a safe and relaxing Labor Day!

Your boat looks great! I did the same thing, polished and waxed instead of going out. One less job to do before winter layup

Thanks everyone. I religiously use Boat Bling Hot Sauce and Vinyl Sauce after each outing, so the boat was in pretty good shape. I ended up using some Meguiar's Flagship boat wax and applied and removed by hand (microfiber). I wasn't prepared to do a full sealant/wax job with a DA orbiter, since I haven't purchased one yet. But I imagine that time is coming soon enough (maybe to start next summer). Here in Arizona I ride all winter long, so this is just a little "middle of the season" tune up.

She looks great! You nailed it, best riding of the year is October! I hope you can hit weekdays, i just got soccer schedule. EVERY Saturday through thanksgiving!

You Need a orbital cuts wax time by 70%. I was able to get two coats of sealant and a coat of wax a couple weeks ago.

She looks great! You nailed it, best riding of the year is October! I hope you can hit weekdays, i just got soccer schedule. EVERY Saturday through thanksgiving!

You Need a orbital cuts wax time by 70%. I was able to get two coats of sealant and a coat of wax a couple weeks ago.

I may need a little tutorial on your methods

What are people using for swirl marks/spiderwebbing? Would like a good all in one.

Have you tried the Mcguire Scratch X 2.0? I've used it for swirl mark removal with good success. I'm a big fan of it, the stuff just seems to work well and is super easy to apply and remove.