Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

looking to buy, have some q's

uoweducks

Hi,

I am getting ready to offer on a 2014 low hour T22.

It is out of state. It does not have pnp. Seller says the tubes are in place. Is that standard? How expensive/difficult would it be to add pnp?

Thx!

Just spent a day on the T22 last week. I believe he had 750's in each locker and a 400 lb bag in bow. Great surf and wakeboard wake. Solid boat for a great price point. You won't be disappointed, we had a great day on the water with it.

The PNP also seemed to work good.

• Like 1

When order PNP you simply get the lines/pump plumbed and wired up to switches on the dash. The ballast bags are not an option and are something you purchase separately.

I'd ask to see the purchase order for list of options or look in the compartments. I've never seen one WITHOUT the PNP option so I'm unsure what it would look like but if it has it you should have 3 lines in each rear locker (2 drains, 1 fill) and if they have never used the front PNP it should be 3 lines (1 vent, 1 drain, 1 fill) connected together with a "y" under the bow seat. And on the right side of the dash you should have 4 switches, (front, center, left rear, right rear) for the ballast. Again not sure what it would be on the dash without the option though.

When order PNP you simply get the lines/pump plumbed and wired up to switches on the dash. The ballast bags are not an option and are something you purchase separately.

I'd ask to see the purchase order for list of options or look in the compartments. I've never seen one WITHOUT the PNP option so I'm unsure what it would look like but if it has it you should have 3 lines in each rear locker (2 drains, 1 fill) and if they have never used the front PNP it should be 3 lines (1 vent, 1 drain, 1 fill) connected together with a "y" under the bow seat. And on the right side of the dash you should have 4 switches, (front, center, left rear, right rear) for the ballast. Again not sure what it would be on the dash without the option though.

Helpful, THX

I have a copy of his option list. It doesn't list pnp but does show the wakebox 3 tank ballast system. Additionally his dash only has 3 switches; center, l rear and r rear.

He tells me the "wires" are there for the bags. I assumed he meant it was plumbed but maybe not. I am asking for pics of his "wires" to confirm....

I seen a few without PNP. Sounds like his doesn't have it. I would avoid one without it. Sure the wires might be there but you'd have to plumb it in to the hard tanks.

Edited by teamerickson

Just spent a day on the T22 last week. I believe he had 750's in each locker and a 400 lb bag in bow. Great surf and wakeboard wake. Solid boat for a great price point. You won't be disappointed, we had a great day on the water with it.

The PNP also seemed to work good.

Yes 750s in the rear but the bow bag is 650 that probably fills to 500.

The PNP would run off the factory settings. For the rear tanks, it would be connecting the hoses to the tanks, no additional wiring needed. For the bow, you'd have to run a pump, hoses, and wire to the switch. Not too difficult. I wouldn't avoid the boat, just look at what other boats similar are goin for and talk him down because it does not have that option. If you don't mind filling bags manually that is

Yeah, sounds like it doesn't have it. Post pictures if you can and we can help more.

I wouldn't necessarily avoid it but it would have to be ~$1-2k cheaper than the next one that does because you have to figure most boats are ordered with it, I think it's a ~$400 option, probably more if you have to add it after the fact, and the boats that do have it most likely are including the bags in the sale price, probably another ~$7-800 in cost for bags/fittings/etc. So for me to look at a boat without PNP option it'd have to be priced right. Just something to keep in mind as a buyer if you aren't familiar with the boats.

I'd look elsewhere unless it's $2500 to $3000 cheaper than one with PnP and sacks already and same other options. Seller is probably getting less serious offers or inquires if a buyer knows about the need for PnP for 95% of the market if surfing is on the agenda

Edited by AJWest

Not sure why guys are saying to avoid this boat. Of all the strikes against a boat, this one is relatively minor.

Buy the boat and plumb in your own ballast system. Sure, it'll cost a few G's but will result in a better system, imho.

Problem solved.

Very helpful responses thanks so much.

Here is the boat:

He is asking 52,000

2014 T22

10 hours

Dual battery switch

Monsoon 330HP

High altitude prop

Pullup cleats

flip up driver bolster

rear skybox seating

swivel drivers chair

chillmax flip up seat

drop in cooler

docking lights

storage lights

underwater lighting

removable carpet

stereo pack 1

bluetooth

2nd gorilla fin

wakebox 3 tank ballast

autoset wedge w/ position indicator at dash

Axis midship decal

Fat AX tower

V2 tower upgrade

fixed combo racks

Mirror bracket w/ bottle opener

Ski pylon

stainless steel cupholders

colormatch trailer

alloy wheels

So looking like I will have to add the pnp, is this still a good deal??

Very helpful responses thanks so much.

Here is the boat:

He is asking 52,000

2014 T22

10 hours

Dual battery switch

Monsoon 330HP

High altitude prop

Pullup cleats

flip up driver bolster

rear skybox seating

swivel drivers chair

chillmax flip up seat

drop in cooler

docking lights

storage lights

underwater lighting

removable carpet

stereo pack 1

bluetooth

2nd gorilla fin

wakebox 3 tank ballast

autoset wedge w/ position indicator at dash

Axis midship decal

Fat AX tower

V2 tower upgrade

fixed combo racks

Mirror bracket w/ bottle opener

Ski pylon

stainless steel cupholders

colormatch trailer

alloy wheels

So looking like I will have to add the pnp, is this still a good deal??

I think 48k sounds more reasonable. See if you can talk him down since you can't surf it without p-n-p. Also, does it have surfgate? If not, automatic pass.

Edited by Raimie

I actually think 52 is not that far off. I guess I'm just hoping mine is still worth 60! ;)

If it were spring, I would totally agree. But, there is only a month left of the season and the lucky buyer gets to pay to winterize and store it for the next 5-6 months...

I think the price is fair, but still try and beat him up on it, lol. It's basically a new boat with 10 hours and no PNP....what did he buy it for?

However I'd also recommend pricing out a new one....just to see what kind of deal you can get with the options you want. Some of those options add no value in my opinion and there are obviously some things missing/I'd do different so something to think about if you feel the same it might end up costing you the same/more to modify this one to your liking vs starting with more what you want.

Talked to Paul at Bakes, looking like 3k to add the pnp. wow

Thanks for all the help

Unless he is willing to go 48k, you can probably get a new one (+tax of course) for very close to 54k by adding in the p-n-p and omitting some of the options that do not (IMO) add value. (i.e. the extra lighting, bluetooth, gorrilla fin, cooler, SS cupholders, chillax, color match trailer)

Edited by Raimie