Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wax Test Complete

I have used 3M Premium boat wax for years and love it. A friend recently told me that if I like 3M that I would love the Collinite boat wax. I tried the Collinite this summer starting with stripping the old wax off and applying two coats before 1st outing and waxing it after every use the next three outings. I also use babes boat bright after every use. The boat bright did not work as well with the Collinite wax as water spots seem to be harder to get off after an outing. After about six outings I got frustrated with trying to get the spots off so I use vinegar to get rid of all the spots on my boat then put a coat of 3M wax. After my first outing with the 3M wax the spots came right off with the boat bright.

I have found that it takes 3 to 4 coats of wax no matter what wax you use before one of the "after use wipes" will work well for around 5 or 6 outings before having to wax again but I can tell you in my experience 3M premium boat wax is hard to beat.

FYI This was on a 2015 23 LSV

I'll have to try the eagle one.

One thing to remember is every lake has different water property's and the one I go to will spot your boat (very hard spots) just for thinking about putting on.

• Like 1

The Collinite I used was the 925 liquid, the 3M is the "Ultra Performance Boat Wax" paste that Academy carries. Don't get me wrong, the Collinite is a great wax but for some reason the 3M works better for me, seems to have a little more staying power. The Collinite is a little easier to apply but is much more expensive. I used 3/4 of a bottle in just a few coats.

That would be a big difference then. The liquid wax isn't nearly as hard as the 885 paste. I've got a bottle of 925 that I bought when I got the 885 paste and 920 cleaner but I just have been using it on my truck until it is gone. Wasn't real impressed with the liquid.