Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tips for getting 360 wakesurfing

wakesetter8796

I can get almost all the way around, but cannot seem to stay on the board at the end! It is frustrating for sure. Any tips would be appreciated. Board is a Inland Surfer Tako with a skim fin in the center. Board is very loose.

I have found that the harder I try to spin, the harder it is for me to both stop spinning at 360 and get back in the wave. So, I slowed the whole process down and focus mostly on turning up the wave to start the spin, and the getting my head around to find the boat again. The rest kind of falls into place. The key is finding the boat 3/4 through the spin.

• Like 2

Landed my first one today. I found that I had to stay higher on the wave so as I was done rotating I could ride down the wave and gain that speed quickly. I am no expert though.

• Like 2

I am struggling with this as well. I can get the full spin without any issues, but then I am riding up on top of the wake and unable to keep riding the wave. Any ideas how to correct that?