Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

DigitalPro Perfect Pass calibration question

Chatty21VLX

I have a 2001 Wakesetter 21 VLX that is new to me. I bought it from a dealer who took it on trade. When it was traded, the MDC 1600 gauge wasn't working. Part of the deal was to replace the MDC with an analog Malibu multi gauge that displays oil pressure, engine temp, fuel level, and volts. The salesman said there was some type of brain that had to be installed to change the original digital input signals to work with the new analog gauge. I don't know exactly what that entailed, but I have a big tach on the left that works fine, the new analog multi gauge in the center that works fine, and the Digital Pro Perfect Pass on the right. So, the perfect pass is the only speedo I have on the boat. I noticed it was off when I was test driving (the gauge reads 6.2, but GPS says 20mph.) He said no big deal, and it can be calibrated easily.

I guess I'm not doing it properly, because it reverts back to the slow reading after I adjust in the speedo calibration screen. Is there some kind of "save" button I should be pressing? Any ideas? The tach on the Perfect Pass is matching the analog tach in the dash.

How do I find out what version perfect pass I have? The box mounted under the dash just says DigitalPro by Perfect Pass and has a serial #.

Thanks for your replies. I didn't know there were vids on the PP site. None seem to be relevant to my problem, and I had downloaded the manual I thought was for my system. After downloading a different manual, and the troubleshooting manual, I checked that the paddle wheel was installed in the correct orientation and that it wasn't blocked by debris. The paddle wheel is installed correctly, but one of the paddles has broken off. Could that be part of my problem?

Well, I ordered a new paddle wheel kit st300 that said it was for perfect pass. I got the kit yesterday and went to install it. I don't have the paddle wheel assembly as pictured in the instructions (should have looked before ordering!). I installed the wheel and new shaft anyway since they look exactly the same. Is there any difference in the actual paddle wheels?

I finally had a chance to put the boat in the water today, and I got to answer my own question. With a new paddle wheel, my speedometer was still reading off. I did a reset of the perfect pass per the instructions on their website. I also changed the software from the DigitalPro to the WakeboardPro. That did the trick, and I didn't even have to adjust the speedo calibration.