Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any Thoughts?

Fred4

I just bought my first inboard, we are now the proud owners of a blue, black and white 2005 VLX, I must say, we love it. We are hooked on surfing and I have been doing some research on imprving my wake. I have been informed of two products. 1. Mission surfside panels. 2. Wicked Wakesurf attachment. Can any of you more experienced Malibu owners comment on these products? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I would get the wake shaper. It folds flat for storage, one unit works for both sides, it is fully adjustable, by far in my opinion the best slap on product in the cheaper manual gate line ups. They all work, I just like the fold flat & fully adjustable features on this particular unit. If you want to spend more there are some cooler units out there as well. If you really want cheap, buy one wicked wave for whatever side you surf the most. My opinion is if you need both, get the wakeshaper, it costs what two wicked waves will cost & you will only have to carry the one wake shaper product. That's my $.02

I would add ballast before worrying about these add on devices.

I disagree depending on what he has. I run a ton of weight & the gate makes a huge difference in pocket length. If he is running stock ballast then yeah homie needs to add ballast before a gate. But my ghetto gate has been by far the best addition for surfing my boat.

I am not sure how to upload pictures of my 05 VLX, however I was able to make my profile picture, a picture of my boat. Sorry that is the best I can do right now. 05 VLX with only 158 hours when we bouight it three weeks ago. Not it has over 170.