Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast! Couple quick questions

FlyBoyCoy

Got all the goods in from wake makers (great guys and good experience). Custom LSV port sack, dedicated tsunami 12s for fill (w dedicated thru hull) and empty, tapped the factory starboard rear hard tank line w a Y and valves to divert to a dedicated hose for filling other sacks in the boat so we never have to throw over another pump and hard wired tsunami empty for external sacks all switched with three position rockers! Pretty excited about all this.

Anyhow, THE QUESTIONS: where would you guys tap for the power for the pumps? For power should I run straight from the perko battery selector or tap the hot wire leading into the switches for the factory pumps (Id prefer thine latter - good or bad idea?). Your comments always appreciated. I planned on getting the ground from the grounding bar under the dash or I could save wire and tap into one of the grounds on the factory pumps back in the engine compartment (good or bad idea?).

If yours is like my 07 vtx I would use the back of the fuse block to get power. I had some unused locations like power seat, shower, and heater. Then run it to your rocker switches and back to the pumps. That way you have an easy fused link and hook up.