Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

My wifes son ran the Prop on some Rock's

Dwayne

Last weekend my wife son take's the boat out in the worse storm we've had in yrs! He's useing it to go Camping up at the lake and is going to moor the boat 50ft off shore with an ancor.

I told the wife it wasn't a good idea he take the boat in this weather So he takes it anyway, He finds out 2 in the morn the wind is so crazy that he decided to bring the boat back in the pitch black and ends up running the prop on some rock's and chews the s*** out of it!

So he keeps the boat at his place doesn't tell me what he did and decides the next day to go pickup his buddies at the lake with the beat up prop.

Now get this! I'm the one at fault cause i make him feel uneasy when he borrows the boat so it's my fault!!!

Sorry for the Rant!!!!!!!

IMG_1259_zps8fxu2ilh.jpg

Edited by Dwayne

you needed to get rid of that SS prop anyway.....now get a good CNC nibral prop and life will be better.

It is tough being a step dad.....serenity now....serenity now!!

ANd DO NOT listen to Dr Phil aka ibelonginprison....CPS can come and take the son away for no reason at all, other than a phone call by an anonymous neighbor!

Edited by DOOFUSisaCAT

Could've been way worse. If the kid can be trusted at all with yours, he can have his own. Get him a beat up old nautique and let him deal with it

you needed to get rid of that SS prop anyway.....now get a good CNC nibral prop and life will be better.

ANd DO NOT listen to Dr Phil aka ibelonginprison....CPS can come and take the son away for no reason at all, other than a phone call by an anonymous neighbor!

If the "kid" kept the boat at his place, it is safe to assume it is an adult "kid" ;) Edited by oldjeep
  • Like 2

Ya! i bought an Acme 425

• Like 1

i have not been in this situation, so slap me if this is out of line, but to me that fact that your thread title is "My Wife's Son" says a lot to me about the relationship.

Forget the prop, work on the relationship with this kid.

Same thing I thought!!

• Like 2

When he said "my wife's son" I didn't even think stepson.

I wouldn't claim him if he was my *own* flesh and blood after messing up my boat. LOL

Put the prop in a towel when you hit him with it. Should lessen the visible wounds.

• Like 3

Your way out of line! Don't jump to conclusions!!!! Not once did i say i hab a bad relationship with him,He has a dad he's 32 yrs old!!!!

Sorry about that - I was not envisioning a 32 year old...pretty much grown man. I'm not much older myself.

Did not mean to offend you.

32 year old son, step son, whatever that doesn't live with you took your boat out after being told not to then damaged it? I'd let him know that if that happened again id call the police and report the boat stolen.

You guys are rough. Dude just wanted to rant about his prop getting f'd up and you guys are taking personal cheap shots from the peanut gallery. C'mon

It was not cheap shot - I called it how I saw based on the info and I apologized. Admitted I wrong. Don't be so sensitive cupcake! Move On!

Edited by Murphy8166
  • Like 2

Like said above he did you a favor upgrading from that SS CVP prop. They are known to throw blades at random times, more so after damage and repair. I think you'll be much happier in the long run with an Acme prop on there, especially at his expense.

Not sure what motor you have to turn that 425 (13x13), most with our boats run a 515 (13x12) as the CNC props have much more surface area and the 515 would perform most similarly to your 13x13 SS.

Edited by jk13

Like said above he did you a favor upgrading from that SS CVP prop. They are known to throw blades at random times, more so after damage and repair. I think you'll be much happier in the long run with an Acme prop on there, especially at his expense.

Not sure what motor you have to turn that 425 (13x13), most with our boats run a 515 (13x12) as the CNC props have much more surface area and the 515 would perform most similarly to your 13x13 SS.

380Hp I'm a barefooter and a skier so i didn't want to hinder the top end. i have a race car shop so i put some mods to the motor hyd roller pistons,Headwork,etc

Edited by Dwayne

i have not been in this situation, so slap me if this is out of line, but to me that fact that your thread title is "My Wife's Son" says a lot to me about the relationship.

Forget the prop, work on the relationship with this kid.

My wife's son - Is that how you refer the kid? You married his mother but you still refer to him as your wife's son? That's all about I need to know to understand the dysfunctionality in that relationship.

How would you treat him if he was "your son" and how would he treat you if he felt that you were "his Dad".

Being in this situation but not married I think its a bit harsh to even try and read into a relationship from a single phrase! I too would never try to take the place of "my girlfriends sons farther"!! We got together when our kids were fairly young and had know each other very well and our kids used to play together. She divorced a couple years before my relation ship ended with my sons mother and we just ended up getting together after talking relation ships and being around each other often because our kids were friends. I am very good friends with her ex husband and grew up with him, I have talked with him privately many times about his son as he had a rough time with the two separate parents "like kids often do" for a while. I tried to never come between him and his father and NEVER expected him to call me dad or try to play that roll in his life, he has a father!! I did however see the other side of it, there step mother called the kids hers, wanted them to call her mom and over ruled their father's and mothers decisions often. I have dealt with crying kids and seen how it affected them and would never take that role!! This is one area that seems easy until you live it!

• Like 4

I'm a barefooter and skier so i didn't want to hinder the top end.

Running too high of a pitch will find the power limits of your engine in these hulls and can also hinder your top end. My 515 runs exactly the same MPH as my old cast Nibral. If you have a hammerhead or a modified motor the 425 is a great option, otherwise every chart online and talking to Bill at Acme leads just about everyone to the 515 or even the 525 if at altitude.

Running too high of a pitch will find the power limits of your engine in these hulls and can also hinder your top end. My 515 runs exactly the same MPH as my old cast Nibral. If you have a hammerhead or a modified motor the 425 is a great option, otherwise every chart online and talking to Bill at Acme leads just about everyone to the 515 or even the 525 if at altitude.

If it doesn't work out i will buy the 515 and have this one for a spare.