Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hard to hear speakers on G3 tower while surfing

TDR

We are having a hard time hearing our 4 wet sounds while surfing even with it being very loud in the boat. I have 3 theories:

1. bimini on top of speakers traps sound - has anyone relocated speaker to above tower?

2. speakers are aimed too low - has anyone adjusted the speakers or plate that holds them?

3. Raptor engine noise interfers with sound - working with Fresh Air on a system for one 5 inch exhaust outlet

1) have you surfed with the bimini stowed to test that theory?

2) Plausible but I dont think theres much of any adjustment with the direct mount G3 tower

3) Im a fan of FAE no matter what

4) Zone control so the in-boats can be dialed back, leaving just the towers at volume?

5) what amp is driving the tower speakers?

Edited by MLA

I can put all sound to tower using fade. There is also an RZONE but that seems to allow separate music on rear. Very loud in boat with just tower speakers.

Will try no bimini today.

Amps are stock rockford fosgate. Will get details today.

I do hope fae is solution but need to wait for them to devise a system for raptor and power wedge.

Levi900rr by 420 do you mean wet sounds ws420? Thinking about adding that too.

I can put all sound to tower using fade. There is also an RZONE but that seems to allow separate music on rear. Very loud in boat with just tower speakers.

Will try no bimini today.

Amps are stock rockford fosgate. Will get details today.

I do hope fae is solution but need to wait for them to devise a system for raptor and power wedge.

Levi900rr by 420 do you mean wet sounds ws420? Thinking about adding that too.

The factory sets the amp gains and other settings super low so people do not come back with stereo warranty issues. The stock amps should easily play loud enough to hear while surfing. I believe the factory tower amp is a punch 400.2. Anyway, just adjust your amp setting right and they should be good to go. If you want to power those speakers correctly, replace the amp with a Rockford power T1000-4. You would then hear them from a mile away.

Edited by kx250frider617

Bimini experiment was a huge success. Just not clicking back end down and letting float lets sound out. Volume at 34 of 40 with factory gains on amp.

Fae will make it even better.

Think speakers on top of tower make more sense but getting there

The factory sets the amp gains and other settings super low so people do not come back with stereo warranty issues. The stock amps should easily play loud enough to hear while surfing. I believe the factory tower amp is a punch 400.2. Anyway, just adjust your amp setting right and they should be good to go. If you want to power those speakers correctly, replace the amp with a Rockford power T1000-4. You would then hear them from a mile away.

Where and How do you adjust the factory RF amps, did not see any knobs to turn like most amps

anyone have pictures as to the adjustment location of the amps and the little black box

We are having a hard time hearing our 4 wet sounds while surfing even with it being very loud in the boat. I have 3 theories:

1. bimini on top of speakers traps sound - has anyone relocated speaker to above tower?

2. speakers are aimed too low - has anyone adjusted the speakers or plate that holds them?

3. Raptor engine noise interfers with sound - working with Fresh Air on a system for one 5 inch exhaust outlet

I experienced the same thing yesterday. Then I realized I had it faded to the in boats not the towers!! ;)

Where and How do you adjust the factory RF amps, did not see any knobs to turn like most amps

anyone have pictures as to the adjustment location of the amps and the little black box

There are 2 Allen heads that secure a plate covering all the gain and frequency dials